::Chapter 1::

One thing. One simple thing I ask of my parents. They can't even give it to me. Why can't they accept that I have a boyfriend who's only a few years older than me? I'm 16 and he's 21. No big deal, it's only five years. I strongly believe age is just a number, but nobody seems to agree with me. They assume since he's in a punk rock garage band he does all things illegal.

Ashton is actually a punk rock angel.

The only thing he ever does is drink, except for the night before he comes over for our Sunday brunch. Wouldn't want my parents to see him hungover and reek of alcohol while sitting at the kitchen table. They think because he's in a band he doesn't have a real job, when he's not rocking out at bars he's working at Target.

I guess I should be thankful that they support me in everything else that I do. They could've kicked me out the moment I told them I liked guys, but they didn't even mind, and we continued on with life. The only thing different is my mom points out hot guys to me, even after I continuously remind her I already have a boyfriend.

Then there's my old best friend; Michael Clifford. We used to be so close doing everything together. It always helped that we were neighbors, bus buddies, cuddle buddies, window buddies, until he had to move across the world with his family leaving me alone with our other crazy neighbors for the past five years. The day before Michael left I grabbed his face and planted one right on his lips. Surprisingly, everything was okay after that.

Beside the fact we grew apart.

At the beginning we would send letters to one another every week, soon that turned into once a month, and then maybe I'd be lucky to get a reply after a year, till it got to the point I never had the right address and gave up. I tried calling but their number changed a lot. It all came crumbling down.

Though, I've moved on from my childhood crush and breaker of my heart. Long forgotten what the boy looks like... what am I kidding I found and followed his Instagram and he's hot, puberty did him well. Michael also has had a few boyfriends in the past year according to his social media. Deep down it hurt to see pictures of him with someone else and enjoying life.

So I decided to stop moping around and enjoy my life. And that's how I met Ashton.

My friend Calum and his girlfriend Abigail dragged me out of my room one summer night and begged me to sneak away to this party they managed to get invited to.

There were people crammed in every inch of this house doing god knows what, and with my extraordinary luck I met the hottest guy there. Calum jokes about us hooking up that night, though nothing extreme has happened yet, not that it should matter.

I care more about my life and what would happen if my mom found out, and how long she'd ground me if she found out I had sex with someone much older than me.

Only time will tell.

////

Tuesday around mid afternoon I decided to drag myself out of bed before I had to go to work down at the old Movie Theater that's not far from my house. Throwing on some-what I hope is clean-clothes before making my way downstairs and into the kitchen for some food.

I noticed my mom was happily chatting with someone at the table. I figured it was just another client for her cupcake business she's been running out of our house for the past six months. Who knew so many people liked cupcakes.

Anyway I was wrong about it being a client. When I caught a glimpse of her face my heart burst with excitement, I ran over to the front kitchen window and noticed a moving truck in the Clifford's driveway, and it really was Mrs. Clifford sitting at our table.

I haven't had any physical activity all summer but the thought of seeing Michael again must have added a extra boost in my step because I was outside in no time. My dad must have come home early from work since he's also chatting with Mr. Clifford out front.

But all I cared about was seeing my best friend. Then I remembered, nothing was the same between us, and though we are friends on all social media, Michael never actually made a move to talk with me on them. He probably doesn't even want to see me now. With that painful realization I slowly dragged myself back inside and into my room to mope about my life.

I opened my curtains and noticed Michael's old room was slowly being filled with furniture and he was hanging posters on his wall. Michael turned around as if he felt someone staring and locked eyes with me. He smiled brightly and waved toward me, which I didn't return. I simply closed my curtains. Missing the frown that appeared on Michael's face.

Laying down on my bed I pulled out my phone and called in sick to work before calling Ashton and asking him to come over to cuddle and watch sappy romance movies. Because today was suppose to be a boring day at work. Not 'Oh Michael is back and he probably hates me' kind of day.

////

a/n: hey omg I'm so happy about the response I got with the prologue!!! I loved writing about little muke, it was so cute (It gives me so many story ideas). Now, it'll be a bunch of drama, sort of. Since this is vaguely based off a book it'll follow that storyline a little but I'm trying to make it my own, it'll just have a few similarities that you'd be able to point out if you've read the novel. And if you haven't you'll be totally fine and it'll be just like a new story to you.

But I'm going to say this now so people don't flip, Ashton is important to the storyline ok ok, this is muke but lashton will be happening for a little bit. And Luke's going to be a lil shit for awhile, it's just his character.

thanks for reading! :)