Chapter 1

Darkness. That's all I remember. And then I was lifted. Lifted far out of the cold, ice covered lake. I am now Jack Frost.

§ § § § § § § § § §

Winter. My season. Of course. I run around laying a blanket of frost on top of a small town. Beautiful. I smile at my work as I fly off to the forest. My staff skims the top of the trees covering them in frost as well. Sparkling in the moonlight. Whom doesn't love winter. Well, besides Bunny. 

I stare up at Man in the Moon and wave. What a wonderful night. If he wasn't there, I would not know what to do with myself. I swoop down through the trees and land on the soft snow. I walk whistling. I couldn't help myself but to look at the frozen lake that lay beyond the trees. I whistle slower and eventually stop as a spot two kids. One is older trying to help the little one whom has skates on. The ice cracks beneath her and the older boy gives a worried smile and says it will be okay. He rushes and grabs he, saving he life and he falls through. 

My heart stops. I drop to my knees. This can't be. I rush over and jump in the cold water pulling the boy out. The girl stares at me and wipes her tears. The young boy coughs and stares at me stunned. "Jack Frost?" The boy managed to break out. I smile and nod. He jumps up and hugs me. "Thank you." I hug him back starting to cry, remembering my past before I became Jack Frost. The boy lets go. I smile and wave good bye as I soar into the night time air.

§ § § § § § § § § §

I settle on a giant bolder, holding onto my knees, trying to forget my past. If only I was still human. I lay my staff across my lap and stare into the sky as it turns into day. I touch a tree one last time and watch the frost die by the sun. I sigh. The sun kills me. Not literally, but you get what I mean.

The day is long. I stay in the forest the whole day watching the kids play and the snow slowly melt away. It's a sad sight sometimes to see winter die off and spring be born. But winter will always come around again. And I will always be here to help it out.

§ § § § § § § § § §

I fly around laying down the last of the frost before spring. Heart breaking. A few kids spot me and yell to me and I wave, to busy to have fun. Once spring is born I will be able to have fun. But not now.  There is a full moon to night, once again, so I will be able to talk to Man in the Moon. He always keeps me company when spring is about to emerge from it's egg.

I swing back into the forest as it gets dark and head to my cave. Home.