Chapter 2

Home. I walk through my cave observing anything that is new or left behind. What am I supposed to do? I can't do anything else. I eventually find my bed in the darkness. I plop onto the bed sighing. And then I panic. Where is my staff?  I feel around. It's no where to be seen. I wonder outside. Then I find it laying on the frozen lake in front of me. I smile. A sigh of relief.

I run over and grab it. Everything will be alright.

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

I wake up in the morning ready for anything. Today is a new day, and I respect that. I run out of the house to see kids playing on the lake. I smile. I blow a snowball into my hand and throw at one of the kids. They all stop. I forgot that the kids can see me. I back away as they all start to smile and grab snowballs. I run. I just run. They chase after me laughing and giggling, throwing snowballs at me. I start to laugh too, seeing the kids having fun.

One of the kids grabs me staff and I stop in my tracks. "Hey. Give it back." I order. The boy shakes his head. I scowl him. I take a step towards him and he back up, laughing. As I reach my hand out, the boy puts two hands on my staff. My eyes grow wide. "Don't. . .you . . .dare. . ." I start breathing heavily. Then, standing right in front of me, the boy breaks my staff. 

I moan. My hands grab my stomach. All the kids smiling faces form into worried looks. Then blue light covers me. I scream through the pain. It feels like forever until the blue light fades, the pain is gone, and then comes warmness. I-I feel....warm...

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

I stare up at the kids. None of them move a muscle. Finally, one kid speaks, "J-Jack. . .you're a-a human. . ." I gasp . Oh my god. Tears fill my eyes. All the kids stare at that one boy that broke my staff.

"THANKS TO YOU THERE IS NO MORE JACK FROST!" A girl yells at the boy. The boy cries and runs off thinking, What have I done?

I get up off the cold snow. I breath in deeply before walking away.

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

I sit by  a tree, crying. Silence. That's all I hear besides the tears landing and seeping into the snow. Why? WHy did this have to happen? Oh ya. Because of the boy! He could go rote in hell! No. NO! That is not me. I am not rude. I am happiness and fun times. Right? My name is STILL Jack Frost. But I am mortal now. Do I still have my powers? Possibly not. 

I hold out my hand and try to form a snowflake. It take a while. But I do it. I smile. But I still want me old self back. What am I supposed to do now that I am human?

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

I walk down the street of the nearest town. I smile and wave but people either grunt or don't get near me at all. I frown. "What am I supposed to look for?!" I yell. I fall to the ground, trying no to cry. A lady walks towards me.

"Do you have parents?" She asks. I shake my head. She points to something. My eyes follow her boney finger. An orphanage.