Before The Game Deals

Napier POV:

Fin n Luke decided to skip the practice before the game n walk me home, which I scolded both for.

I can't believe you guys skipped the practice for your game just to walk me home. You guys are such jerks to your team mates! I scold again.

Haha! You sound like my mom, Nap. It's fine, really. I already told Red we'd show but can't make practice. He completely understood. Luke assures, all in smiles.

Yea. He said that as long as we show up to the game half an hour early, we could skip practice. Haha. Guess he knew what we were doing. Fin jokes around but he's giving the impression that that wasn't all Red said.

Alright. I speak unsure. So why're you guys walking me home anyways? I look up in the sky as we stand at our normal crosswalk. Small snowflake chunks fall down on us, making us look like we're in a winter wonderland.

Because, your part of our group now. Did we not tell you that last time? Haha. Fin answered with a handful of snow from the banks on the sidewalk. I take one look at his hand n instantly frown at him.

Fin. Put that down. That's so nasty. I reach over to swat it outa his hand but he's too fast n moves before my hand can hit his. Luke watches us for a second, then, bursts out laughing.

Hahaha! I'll put it down if you do something for me. I stop in my tracks. I don't know if I should take this offer or not.

Name it. We start walking across the street.

He runs to the other side of me to see what Luke thinks. They whisper amongst each other for a few seconds until he comes back over to my right side.

You have to ride with us to the game, which means staying over at our house till we go. A smirk plays on his face as I look to Luke for help. But then, I see the smirk on his face n the slight nod he gives to Fin in accomplishment.

Knowing I won't be going anywhere but their house, I let out a heavy sigh n take my phone out to text mom. Fine. But you 2 have some explaining to do after I ask my mom. I heave out n start texting her.

Mom. My friend was asking if I could go over to their house after school bc we needa work on hw. Then, we'll be going to the game. Can I please go over? I beg her over text.

I took overtime so it's either u go over there n getta ride from them or u walk bc I won't be home til 3 ish tomorrow. So fine. Stop by the house real quick tho. The dogs needa go out n there's $20 on the counter. Make sure u say thank you. Her message comes in.

Alright. I will. Thanks. I end the conversation. Moms never big on the whole phone technology thing, so it's rare to even text her.

Behave miss.

Yup bye. I end it properly.

So? Luke asks with a raised eyebrow.

Yea I can stay but I gotta go home real quick to let the dogs out n grab a 20 she left. She took overtime n won't be back til 3 ish tomorrow so... I smack Fin's snowbank snow outa his hand.

Hahaha. Ok. We continue walking but Luke goes over to whisper something to Fin. I watch as Fin nods once, then, I lift a brow as Luke comes back around.

So tell me boys, why am I wanted over before the game? I ask, the curiosity bubbles up inside me.

We're having another skating session tonight. N, also, we've gotta surprise for you that I'm sure you'll love. Fin's eyes light up with excitement.