Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Hurtful tingles spread through my arm into my shoulder as I ran, blood dripping from one of my knees and both my hands. In a normal situation I would have tried to stop the bleeding, but this wasn't a normal situation, I was running for my life with all of the energy that I had left slowly disappearing for each step I took. I didn't know if the man that I hated the most was behind me, despite the pain I was in I ran with all I had and fear was my extra fuel.

Trees, and some more trees also uncounted bushes and plants, passed me as I ran. The sun sneaked its way through the fine-textured forest and their leaves. Jumping over roots and under branches I made my way deeper into the forest.

Just as I thought I had the pain in control, I fell on a root and landed straight on my arm. I screamed out in pain. There weren't just some hurtful tingles in my arm now, a pain that was indescribable shoot through my arm and into my shoulder. Knowing that if I didn't get out of here soon because of all the damage my body had gotten.

I went silent still lying in the mess of plants and bushes, listening for any sign of life. A large breath left of relief left my lips as I noticed that Shawn hadn't followed me. Just as I was about to get up with my hurting arm the thought hit me hard. He is probably out there somewhere looking for m, ready to get me back into his basement again. A shiver went through my body, not only because of the thought of getting back into the basement again, also because it was getting late and the sun was about to set. If the sun set I will need to stay here in the middle of the woods at night. I turned around to start walking in the direction that I thought was the way out.

I had been walking for what seemed like about ten minutes and the sun was almost set when I heard a branch break. My head snapped directly to the sound and that was when I saw the outline of a person about 30 meters away slightly behind a large tree.

"Who's there?"

No answer.

I repeated my question, but still no answer.

Not even doubting that I was not in shape for fighting I made the decision that I should not go up to the unknown person, who knows maybe it was the person who I didn't want to meet at all.
I kept walking, which I thought was the right direction, and the way out.

It had turned dark a while ago. I sat at the darkest part of the forest, under a fir. I'm happy that Scott had taken me out hiking for a night; therefore I knew all the tricks of hiding in the forest. A familiar feeling placed itself inside of me, I missed him and all of them back home so much.

When my eyes had digested into night vision after about 20 minutes I could sit there under the tree and see everything that happened in the forest close by, and if there would be anyone there they wouldn't be able to see me.

Even though I was in the middle of the forest, in the middle of the night, alone, I wasn't scared. My arm was hurting and my body was tired, but the idea of Josh was what held me strong. After a short amount of time I fell asleep despite the large root that was right under my back, making this a less comfortable sleeping position.
-
"Lucy?" Someone whispered as they shook me with their large hands. The voice was way too familiar and that was what woke me up. It was almost dawn making it slightly lighter outside than when I fell asleep. As soon as my eyes opened they widened in surprise. Right in front of me sat the person who I least expected.

"Josh wasn't you dead?" I exclaimed. Josh shook his head and then his eyes looked out over the forest nervously.
"I haven't got time for this Lucy, I need you to listen to me," he said as he looked me in the eyes. His eyes were so beautiful. I've missed him so much.

"I've missed you so much," I said as I felt my eyes tear up.

"I've missed you too," he said as he kissed my forehead. "I need you to listen to me. I've sent a team your coordinates and they are probably coming in the morning. When you get home you can't tell anyone about me and that you met me. I just wanted to make sure that you are okay." He looked around into the forest one more time before he crawled in under the tree beside me. He took me into his arms and held me without saying anything until I fell asleep again. He didn't have to say anything because our touch was enough for my heart to beat faster. Before I got into the land of clouds I heard him whisper, "I will get back to you Lucy, I just need revenge, I love you," and then I was lying on a soft cloud, sleeping better than ever before.

-

I woke up later, but what surprised me was that it was dark outside. What had waked me up was the light of a flashlight and talking people. I got up and walked out under the tree and shouted for help.
"Ms, do you need help?" a person asked.
That was what surprised me, shouldn't they help me? Wasn't this the team who was supposed to get me? Was Josh just a dream?

***
Hello everyone!
Here is the newest chapter, hope you like it. I just wanted to tell you that Love, Spy and Die have only a few chapters left until it is officially completed, maybe 4-5 chapters left. After I've finished I will start to edit all the chapters too.
If you liked this chapter please vote, it will make me very happy! So please click the little vote button and without you knowing it you will have made my day!
Have a great day!
- Veronica