Chapter Thirty Four - [The Hospital.]

Author's Note: So I'm not a mother and I don't know too much about giving birth so I did the best that I could. Please enjoy!

I had never seen Emmett so unsure in his life.

He stood there for a moment, his eyes wide as he stared at me. He looked between me and my stomach and all blood seemed to drain from his face. Fear gripped my heart for a moment, and I too was frozen. That was until Emmett's mother came around the corner, in full Grandmother-To-Be-Mode.

"Emmett, we need to get your butt into gear."

Emmett looked at his mother, but still seemed like he didn't know what to do. I couldn't blame him - because I didn't know what to do either. Go to the hospital. Go to the hospital! My brain screamed at me. But for some reason, my brain wasn't connected to my legs so those could function.

"Baby, you run home and get the hospital bags. I'm going to put Charlotte into the SUV and meet you at your house to pick you up," Rebecca said. She was all business, not the scared teenagers that me and her son currently were.

"Uh, y-yes ma'am," He stuttered, pushing off from the spot on the stairs that he'd sunk into. He disappeared faster than he'd come. Rebecca reached down, helping me to my feet.

"Come on, let's get you into the car," Rebecca said, reaching down to help me to my feet.

"I'll get her coat."

I looked behind me, unsure that I'd heard Nicole right. She looked at me with wide, sad eyes. I didn't have time to gauge if she was being sincere or not, so I just mumbled a quick thank you and clutched onto Rebecca's arms as we walked down the stairs.

"I'm scared," I whispered to her, my eyes welling up with tears.

"Charlotte, baby, you are going to be fine," Rebecca said in a firm but soothing tone. "Don't you worry."

"But there's a baby coming out of my...Oh God," I moaned as a contraction hit. The pain gripped me, and I had to stop walking for a moment. Nicole helped me shrug on the coat, and Rebecca yelled to everyone to meet us at the hospital as she ushered me out of the door.

She helped me into the back seat, which had more room and would be more comfortable. I buckled in the seatbelt as she moved around to the driver's seat. I didn't take long to get to Emmett and I's house, and he slipped into the backseat with me.

He still seemed nervous and freaked out, but not as frozen as he did before. He put the two hospital bags on the floor between us, and slipped his hand into mine.

"How are you feeling, Charlotte?" He asked.

"Scared," I answered immediately.

The tears were falling from my face again. I was teenager about to give birth. How could I do this?

"Me too," He said. "But we're going to get through this together. Me and you, okay?"

I nodded, and he reached up to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"You've got this. I know you can do this."

"Thank you," I whispered, unsure of his confidence in me.

Just then, another contraction it. I gritted my teeth, doing my best not to cuss out loud.

"How long has it been since the last one?" Rebecca asked, looking over her shoulder as we stopped at a red light.

"Um, I don't know...seven minutes?"

"Okay. That is far apart for contractions so hopefully they won't send us back home."