* It's A Fam(ily) Thing.

It's A Family Thing.

That's what I always say to people when they ask why my family is so weird. Anything remotely strange, its always 'A Family Thing.'

I was an only child, well actually, I have 3 half brothers, all older than me. The two oldest were my dads and the youngest was my moms. My name is Chris Love Vaillancourt. And this is my story.

When I was living alone with no siblings, going from one house to another, moms to dads and back again, it was normal. Well normal for me anyways, it was a family thing.

Suddenly having a step-brother, a boy i treated like a brother and two adoptive brothers shoved into my live wasn't easy. Especially when issues started to arise between them, and me. Growing up as an only child was ok, but I've always wanted someone to look to in times of pain or happiness. Now, having seven brothers, was a little more than I bargained for. But what could I do? It was a family thing.

Love blossoms and hate burns hot. Between an abusive stepbrother, a loving adoptive brother and an emotionless one, 3 distant half brothers and a boy i considered a little brother, how was I ever going to survive unharmed? The truth was, I wasn't.

Bruises and cuts, scars and heart break, all because of the people that were closest to me. They say blood is thicker than water, but what if the blood is so thick, you start to drown in it? What if family was the only thing that mattered to you anymore, the only thing that consumed your thoughts, your life? Is it possible to love and hate someone at the same time? With a family like mine, anything was possible.

Like I said,

It's A Family Thing.