K.S.P. - Sterek Fan Fiction - Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Emotions most of the time, err scratch that. Emotions always make things complicated, confusing and turn you into a ball of mixed baggage. Nevertheless, when you get through the emotional mixed up, the tangled thread of feelings it’s all worth it.

Stiles still pissed about earlier went outside and run. No particular destination. Just running. He’s listening to the song “Broken Angel” when he realized he’s heading to the woods. This has been Scott and Stiles’ favorite place hang out when they were in high school. They secretly get drunk here. It’s a place where they can hide from all of the stress of the world gives them, even for a while. Stiles sat on the big rock and raised the volume of his mp3 player. He’s now mouthing the lyrics of the song.

He would have known that someone is behind him but the music was so loud that he feels so separated from the world.

“Hey.” Someone tapped him on his shoulder.

“Ow!” Stiles was startled and was about to fall but was able to retain balance.

“Easy, I’m not here to hurt you.” The girl gesturing her hands to calm down Stiles.

Stiles removed the earphones, “Oh God! You startled me!” while catching his breath.

“Sorry about that. I’m Laura by the way.” She said while gesturing a hand shake.

“I’m Stiles.” He said while receiving the hand shake. “So what are you doing here?” he asked.

“I live here, well not here exactly but around here.” Laura explained. “I just recently came back from months of vacation.” She added.

“So that’s why I haven’t met you before.” Stiles replied removing dirt from his sweat pants. “Welcome back!” he greeted with full enthusiasm. “And I’m sorry for breaking in here. I never thought someone lives around here.” He apologized.

“Don’t worry about that. You and your friend can visit this place whenever you want.” Laura said as she sat on the rock.

“My friend? Oh you mean Scott? So you do know us.” Stiles sat beside her.

“Yeah. Pretty much. Your teenage adventures are hilarious by the way.” Laura teasing Stiles.

“I’m young back then. Let’s not talk about that.” Stiles starting to blush.

“That’s cute. You’re blushing.” Laura starting to laugh.

“Stop that!” Stiles trying not to look at Laura so he looked at his snickers.

“Okay, okay. So what brought you here?” Laura asked while looking at the sky.

“I’m sorta feeling annoyed and sad and happy and weird at the same time.” Stiles getting confused himself.

“Wow, that’s a lot of feelings. Why not tell me the story?” Laura insisted.

Stiles told Laura about this guy who makes him so confused. The unexpected mood transitions, from grumpy to nice to grumpy again. The nice thing the guy did for him which is out of character. He told her about the time his jeep broke down and this guy came to his rescue. The nice dinner they had with his father and best friend.

“Well, do you like him?” Laura asked.

“I don’t know yet, but I do want seeing him. Even when he’s all grumpy and even his eyebrows hate each other. The best thing about him is he’s kind, although he doesn’t want anyone to notice.” Stiles further explained.

“Sounds someone I know.” Laura replied looking at Stiles.

“What?” Stiles asked.

“Nevermind. Continue.” Laura redirects the story back to Stiles.