K.S.P. - Sterek Fan Fiction - Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Starting lines. Blank pages. Hi’s and hello’s.  What do these things have in common? It’s a start of something new. A chance to make something beautiful starting from scratch. Before finishing a race, you must start from the starting line. Before finishing a novel, you must start drafting on a blank page. Relationships doesn’t just happen, it starts with hi’s and hello’s.  Everything starts from something small. Then you must give effort, time and patience. This is where Stiles’ new beginning.

 The room is so quiet. Full of awkwardness. Stiles is pretty sure he can hear the clock ticking extra slow as if it time is teasing him. His heartbeat is loud that he thought even the other person in the room can hear it. Stiles know that there is nothing to worry about, he went over this in his mind a million times last night. Except there’s also a million thoughts running in his mind right now. He can’t even focus at the other person which is apparently talking about things which Stiles know are important. The guy in front of him finished talking, a sign that he should stop thinking and start talking. He took a deep breath and started.

"Hi. I’m Stiles Stilinski. Well Stiles is not my real name though I’d appreciate it if you'll call me by that. I’m 24 y/o, a fresh psychology major graduate.” he paused for a while to have a better composure. "Some people say that you'll know where you want to be when you get there. It’s not really for certain when or how but eventually you'll get there. It goes without saying that I’m here in place where I want to be. So I would really be glad if you'd give me a chance to be part of this institution. Thank you very much. "

Stiles ended it with a sigh. He can’t stop fidgeting as he nervously looks at the interviewers face while he’s seriously looking at Stiles resume.

"He looks nice", Stiles thought. "Maybe he'll buy all the crap that I just said. Oh God!"

The interviewer stood up and said, "Thank you very much for that interesting statement Mr. Stilinski" and offered his hand for a formal hand shake. "We'll call you for the result." he added. 

Stiles immediately stood up and offered his hand. Stiles is not really fond of formalities but he needs to put up with it so he could get the job. "Thank you for your time sir." and slowly walked out the room. He just stood there at the closed door with his blank face. "Glad that was over." then he loosen the blue tie that he's wearing then slowly walked out the office. 

Stiles decided to stay for a while and look around the campus. There are no students yet because school won’t start a week from now.

He stared down the soccer field from the empty bench. He remembered his high school with Scott. "Oh God Scott!" he remembered. He gets his phone and speed dialed Scott. 

"Hello? Where are you man, I’m reaaaaallllyyy hungry" Scott answered lazily.

"Adorable Scott." answered Stiles, grinning while imagining his best friend’s dopey face."I was just finished with the interview. I’ll go straight over there. Is dad there?".

”I think he's in a meeting now." answered Scott."Will you hurry up? I’m really starving." Scott impatiently added.

"Alright. Alright. Don’t be such a baby. I’m going now, see you in a bit." Stiles starts to walk into the parking lot to his jeep. 

That's Scott. Stile's best friend. He recently joined the town's police force where Stile's dad Steve Stilinski is working. He's the sheriff by the way. 

Stiles started his jeep and drive to a Chinese restaurant. After buying Chinese food for Scott, his father and himself, he arrived at the police station with his stomach growling. He immediately parked his car so they can already satisfy their hunger. And by the sound of Scotts rumbling earlier, Stiles know that Scott is going to have tantrums soon. 

On the parking lot he saw someone unfamiliar. Stiles know almost everyone in the police force since he basically grew up there. So he is sure that this guy is new to town. 

He can’t seem to look away from the guy who is now making his way to the station. He’s quite tall, his hair gelled in place, black shirt hugging his muscles and don’t even get me started with those legs. "Damn he's hot" whispered Stiles as he followed the guy inside the station. 

"Finally!" yelled Scott as he rotates his chair like riding a carnival ride. Stiles was startled with Scotts' greeting since he was still focused to that hot guy.