Chapter 7

Ciel jumps onto Lily’s bed the next morning to get her up. “Get up and ready now!” Ciel screams. Sebastian pulls Ciel off of Lily’s bed and looks over at her kindly. “Lily you need to get up and dressed now we have some important guest coming over.” Sebastian says. Lily gets up and out of bed but stops when she sees Ciel and Sebastian still standing in her room. Lily clears her throat and gives them a harsh look. “Change.” Ciel says. Lily sighs and grabs her cloths before heading to the bathroom. She changes quickly and when she leaves her bathroom Sebastian grabs her hand before pulling her behind him down the stairs.

          “What’s going on young master?” Lily asks. Ciel sighs and walks quicker. “I’ll explain later. For now just hurry up and do as Sebastian says.” Ciel says. When they get outside there was a carriage getting ready to pull up to the manor and Sebastian drops Lily’s hand.  Lady Elizabeth and an older woman get out of the carriage. Both Ciel and Sebastian seam to tense up when they see this older woman. Sebastian greats them and the Marchioness makes them fix their hair. Lily was ignored by the Marchioness but Lady Elizabeth smiles and greats her. “It’s nice to see you still here Lily.” Elizabeth says.

          Her mother finally turns to look at Lily. “Who are you?” The Marchioness asks. Sebastian gives Lily a smile then turns his attention to the marchioness. “This is Lily she is the young masters new care taker. She has only been working at the Phantomhive manor for a few months and has been very helpful.” Sebastian says. Lily blushes and gives a small curtsy to the Marchioness.  “Lily why don’t you go to the kitchen to start the tea for later?” Sebastian asks. “Yes Mr. Sebastian. It was nice to meet you Marchioness Middleford.” Lily says with another small curtsy and walks away.  The other servants were running around making a mess of all the things Sebastian had prepared for today with the Marchioness. Lily felt bad about it and tried her hardest to keep them from making a mess of the kitchen and the lunch Sebastian had prepared.

          “The young master and the Marchioness are going hunting. I want you to come and help me keep Lady Elizabeth entertained and safe.” Sebastian says when he comes to get the lunches. “Yes Sebastian. That is something I can do easily.” Lily says with a smile and she follows him outside to the horse stable. Ciel gives Sebastian a pointed look but ignores the fact that Lily was coming with them. When Lady Elizabeth was left with Lily and Sebastian Lily ignored the conversation they were having thinking it would be rude to listen in. Lady Elizabeth had Lily sit there and pick flowers with her to make crowns and rings out of. Lily also allowed Lady Elizabeth to play with her long hair and she puts it up in some fancy way. Sebastian gave Lily a small smile as it was happening seeing the small frown on her face.  When Lady Elizabeth wasn’t paying attention Sebastian slips his hand into Lily’s. “Your hair looks nice that way. Maybe I should ask Lady Elizabeth how it’s done so I could do your hair up like that again some other time.” Sebastian says.

          Lily blushes and looks away from him. Sebastian chuckles before pulling away from her as Lady Elizabeth runs over to Lily with a hand full of flowers. “Help me make something cute for Ciel and myself.” Elizabeth says. “Yes Lady Elizabeth. What would you like to make?” Lily ask as she sits on the ground  letting Lady Elizabeth sit on her skit to keep her from getting her dress dirty. Sebastian begins to set up some tables and chairs for lunch seeing as how Ciel and the Marchioness are at a draw and ready to take a break. Ciel and Lady Elizabeth sit on one end of the table and the Marchioness on the other. Ciel finally looked at Lily and motioned her to help Sebastian serve the food and tea. Lily was standing by Sebastian when the bear showed up and he pushed Lily onto the ground so fast Lily nearly didn’t see him do so.

          Lily walked by Ciel and Lady Elizabeth but has a small frown as she watches Sebastian talking with the Marchioness. Ciel bumps the horse into Lily. She looks up at him. “Is something wrong young master?” Lily asks as she looks at the ground. “Nothing is wrong with me but something seems to be bugging you. Did something happen when I was hunting with the Marchioness that I should know about?” Ciel ask as he looks at Lady Elizabeth. “She might still be shaken up about that bear earlier. Isn’t that it Lily?” Lady Elizabeth says. Lily shakes her head. “I’m ashamed of the fact that I couldn’t do anything to protect both of you and had fell to the ground like the fearful fool I am.” Lily says.