01

-
"I prayed that I would never run into you. But it's a small world, huh?"
-

"Game time!" Chaunette exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

"Only preseason." Elina reminded her, putting her son Theo in his seat next to her.

"Still, this is against Dallas! Which means Oduya and Sharp." She said excitedly.

"Yeah, that's gonna be interesting." I said, taking my seat next to Elina.

The Blackhawks were on the ice practicing, shooting pucks at Corey and skating around. It was about an hour before the actual game, but the United Center was still being filled with fans wearing red and sometimes -but rarely- green. We sat all the way at the top where the wives and girlfriends usually sat.  I wasn't involved with anyone on the team, but a close friend to a lot of the guys and wags.

"Look, the Stars are coming in." Chaunette said, pressing her hand against the glass to point at the guys.

"It's weird not seeing Patrick in red." Elina said, bringing Theo up on her lap.

I nodded in agreement, smiling as Theo pointed at Niklas skating around.

"Your daddy?" I asked, grabbing his small hand.

"Daddy!" He said, hitting the glass with his free hand.

We laughed and continued talking. Soon enough the puck was dropped and our captain had won the face off.

-

"Sweet, sweet victory!" Chaunette said as we walked to the locker room.

I laughed and bounced Theo on my hip, his hands playing with my loose hair.

"He loves being with you so much. You should babysit for Niklas and me." Elina joked, smiling at me.

"I should, I've been told I'm a natural with kids." I said proudly, kissing his cheek.

He giggled and rested his head on my chest, causing the girls to awe. Elina snapped a picture and we finally got to the outside of the locker room.

"Doesn't your sister Victoria have twins?" Chaunette asked, hugging Andrew as he came out.

"Yeah, I usually babysit them while her and her husband go to work." I said, hugging Andrew as well.

"What does she do?" Elina asked.

"She's a surgeon, so is her husband." I explained.

"She must be very busy." Elina stated, crossing her arms.

"Theo, with Auntie Audrey again huh?" Niklas asked his son, giving Elina a kiss and grabbing him from my arms.

"Hey Audrey." He said, giving me a side hug.

I said hello and checked my phone, seeing it was 10:30.

"Shoot, I have to go guys. Forgot I have to babysit Victoria's kids." I said quickly, hugging everyone.

"Bye! See you soon." Andrew called as I walked down the hall.

I looked over my shoulder and waved quickly before continuing to the parking lot. I opened up my purse and grabbed my pack of Altoids, grabbing two and popping them into my mouth. I unlocked my car and as I was about to step in I heard my name called.

I turned around, seeing some I wish I didn't.

Tyler.

"What do you want?" I asked, backing up against my car door.

"Your-Your wallet fell." He stuttered, holding it up.

"Thanks, can I get it?" I asked.

He handed it to me and I turned to open my car door but felt his hand on my shoulder.

"I missed you." He said.

"I didn't." I said coolly, turning to face him. He looked taken back and hurt.

"If you had missed me so much you could have called or messaged me." I sneered.

"I lost your number." He said lamely.

"I gave it to Cassidy and Candance. Atleast they kept in touch."

"I didn't know." He whispered.

"You know while you were busy living it up in Boston and being a big shot, I sat in my room wondering what I did to make you stop talking to me," I whispered. "I was so hurt Tyler."

"I'm so sorry Audrey. I'm so sorry." He said, grabbing my hand.

"I prayed that I would never run into you. But it's a small world huh?" I mumbled.