Chapter 20: The Aftermath

NAOMI'S POV

Through blurred vision, I casted my gaze around the blindling white room I had ended up in. Everything was so bright and inhumanely white that I had almost thought I was in Heaven. It wasn't until I saw a dark figure walk past me did I realize that I wasn't dead at all. But every part of my body felt like it. Deep, stabbing aches erupted through my bones and muscles and I felt like I had been hit by a truck.

I moaned out, hoping that whoever was in this room with me would aid me and tell me how the hell I had come to be here or get here. Feeling every medium of pain radiate though my neck as I looked down to see I was laying on the floor, I noticed the freezing cold carpet was white too.

"Naomi? Girl, you in here?" I heard a familiar voice slur, follwed by drunken giggles.

I moaned again, unable to find the strength to give them a proper response.

A loud thud sounded, followed by more obnoxious giggles. This time, sounding like they were coming from more than one person.

"What the hell did you do, Serr--enity?" another slurred female voice asked before letting out a loud burp.

"Tripped over whoever this is," Serenity replied, her voice nearing me. "Oh Lord, this girl done got turned the hell out. Look at her."

I felt several sets of eyes on me and a casting shadow over me as I craned my neck again to look up at whoever was standing over me. The smell of alcohol and weed filled my nose instantly and I knew that wherever I was, drugs had definitely played a part in my messed up state.

"Naomi, girl. Come on, get up. We gotta' get out of here. We got a photo shoot at two," one of the voices said from above me, sounding like they were miles away from my limp body.

"Ya'll grab her arms. Me and Shan got her legs," Serenity's echoing voice said hastily, still sounding slightly slurred.

A few seconds and a few unsteady giggles later, the feel of someone grabbing my arms and legs nearly made me jump out my skin. Quickly, I struggled to free myself from their grips and stand to my feet. After a few shocked remarks and some unkind words, I managed to position myself between Serenity and Shantelle.

"Girl, what did you have to drink? And what pills did you pop?" another familiar voice asked me, followed by collective laughter from the rest of them.

"Get me out of here," I muttered, dragging my left foot in front of me - a desperate attempt to walk.

"She needs to sober up. Claud is not going to be happy with this," Shantelle pointed out as we all walked towards the door of the snow white room.

"Some coffee and some good food will do her fine," the familiar voice answered.

"Who's that talking?" I asked quietly, feeling like I was about to throw up everything I'd ever eaten onto the floor.

"It's Chloe," she replied, finally allowing me to put a name to a voice.

"Chloe...Chloe...Chloe. Okay," I mumbled, trying to familiarize myself with the people around me.

I felt like a lost child. I honestly had no idea how I had come to be in such a drunken, delirious state. I knew I had went to a party with the girls last night, but everything after me walking in the door was such a blur. I had no clue what I'd eaten, what I'd drank, or what I'd..popped. Despite my rough past, I'd never been one to do any hardcore drugs. Never did crack. Never did heroin. Never popped a molly. As far as drugs and alcohol went, I was a good girl. I hadn't come to this party to get fucked up and not even remember what my name was.