Chapter 9: The Game Begins

*NAOMI'S POV*

I was awakened with the sound of Gabby banging on my door, yelling something about breakfast being made and how she had made it just for me. Through partially squinted eyes, I looked around my room to see the sun's rays had already flooded in, causing the room to look a billion times more attractive in pure sunlight. Looking under the layers of sheets I was under, I realized I was naked. I rubbed my face and as I recounted on how I had even got into this room, the memory hit me like a slap to the face.

My eyes popped open and I sat up abruptly to look for Joseph. He wasn't anywhere to be found. There was nothing but the clothes I had on last night that were thrown carelessly on the floor.

"Joseph," I whispered towards the dark bathroom.

No answer.

"Damn," I muttered, recalling on last night's events. I hadn't meant to fuck him. The last thing I wanted to do was have sex with that man. There was no explanation for what I had done with him, or what I had let him do to do me. He was married, and married to my best friend at that. I was so damn tired last night that a wildebeest could have came in my room and I wouldn't have even cared. But the feel of his plump lips against my skin was something I couldn't forget.

The way his hands explored my body, in places that no one had ever touched like that before - it just set me on fire. The word fuck didn't even begin to describe what we did last night. It was beyond just meaningless sex. There was passion and intimacy in what we gave to each other last night. His touches had a hair-raising, toe-curling effect on me and it scared me to know that. Even though he may have made me feel like the only woman in the world last night, it pained me to know that he did the exact same thing with Gabrielle.

But I had no reason to feel that way. He was her husband and she was his wife. It made me feel guilty and like I had betrayed her, which I did. She had trusted me with him at the movies last night and instead of just keeping it at a friendship's distance, I ran that red light and went the whole mile.

It wasn't all my fault though. It takes two people to have sex so he played a part in my act of deceit as well. If she ever found out - and I would make sure that she didn't - there was no way in hell I was going to be taking all the blame. He was the one who started our love making session.

Whoa.

I looked up at the ceiling, cursing my self for thinking of what we did last night as love making. There was no love involved. He didn't love me and I didn't love him. He loved Gabrielle, not me. And I valued Gabrielle's friendship much more than I did my "relationship" with Joseph. I should have hated him for cheating on Gabrielle like that. I knew she loved that ma with all her heart. The way she talked about him and looked at him like he was the most breath taking thing she'd ever laid her eyes on. I couldn't ruin her like that. She would never wanna' talk to me again. I had to resent him and hate him for that.

But I couldn't. And I didn't know why.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After freshening up and putting on some jeans and a plain white T-shirt, I headed downstairs to see what all the commotion about breakfast was about. As she had said, the whole island counter was filled with food, ranging from pancakes to this peach pastry that looked slightly burnt.

"Morning sleepyhead. I thought you'd never get up," she said once she noticed I had walked in. I grinned and sat down at the kitchen table. As much as I didn't want to tell her, I really wasn't hungry. I felt more nauseous and confused than anything else. Being in the same room with Gabrielle after I had just rocked her man's world last night was the most uncomfortable situation I'd ever been in. The way she was just smiling and acting chipper as ever made my stomach twist in knots. It was sad that she had no clue that her best friend had just fucked her husband in a room that was right across the hall from where she was sleeping.