CHAPTER V

Chapter Five

December 16th

LUKE ASHER GONZALES

"I still find it shocking that you two are actually friends now." Curt blurted out.

"Schist! It had been sixteen days, Curt. Move on." I said.

"I know, but it's still hard to get used to.. you know?" He said. "I mean, after one year - well, almost one year - of quarreling, you two will just puff here at school one day all close and friendly and all that like you were not annoyed at each other in the beginning? Like geez." He then added. "Kindly please remind me how that happened."

"For the millionth time," I'm actually exaggerating. It's only for the fourth time, I think - I lost count. "Here's what happened last November thirtieth - the day things between Louise and I completely changed." And so I had told him, again.

"Who said I'm gonna take you home? We're going to the mall."

"Hold up, hold up. Stop the car at the corner. I SAID STOP IT. STOP THE DAMN CAR, LUCAS!"

"My name's not Lucas, it is simply Luke - thank you very much."

"Whatever! Just stop the car. If you will not take me home, I'll rather walk in the rain."

"Heck no, it's freezing out there. And we'll just go to the mall, what's wrong with that?"

"What's wrong with that? You're seriously asking me that? Well then lemme tell you, mister, it's because we're like going on a date - that is what's wrong with it. And I rather walk alone in the freezing rain than being in a date with you. Thank you very much."

"You're making me laugh with your overacting-ness, Louise."

"Well, for your information, I'm not purposely making yo- wait, what? What did you say? What did you just called me?"

"Oh, don't make me repeat it. I know you heard what I had just called you."

"Oh, shut up. I know I promised to Jazz that I won't fight with you again, but it won't stop me from hitting you right now. Plus, she isn't even here so she won't even know."

"Who told you she wouldn't know?"

"So you're planning to tell on me, huh?"

"Mayb- ouch! That hurts! Why did you do that for?!"

"Take me home or stop the car. I said, TAKE ME HOME OR STOP THE CAR!"

"Geez. You need to learn to have patience, you know that? I'll drive you home after we go to the mall."

"Why do we need to go to the mall? It's freaking raining, for pete's sake!"

"We'll just cool off there for a bit and then I'll drive you home. That's basically it, no harm will be done."

"Fine, whatever."

"Yeah whatever, Louise."

"Ha, gotcha! Why are you calling me Louise, hmn?"

"Why, do you want me to call you Princess Fiona again?"

"Hell no. I guess Louise is better since it's actually my name. Yup, I'm fine with you calling me Louise."

"Oh, thank the heavens."

Before I forget to mention, when I first told him this story, he got mad at me because I fought with Louise again. But for the following times (including now) I re-told him this story, he just gives me disapproving looks until I finish telling that part.