-04-

-12:45am-

Luke POV:

Okay, so I was actually enjoying myself—at a party hosted at our house. But then again, it might have just been the fact that I was absolutely fucked.

As the time went on during the night, Jai and I got to talk in between taking shots with our fellow Janoskians. I had forced myself to accept the fact that I liked my brother—a lot. There was no pushing it away. I also came to accept that nothing would ever happen between Jai and I, simply because he definitely did not feel the same way.

Nonetheless, a lot happened in a short amount of time.

We had gone from shots, to beer pong, to standing by the pool for prime people-watching.

I wasn't sure who had come up with the idea, but at some point Jai and I were roped into playing a drunk version of 'Dare or Dare' with the guys—something we did for videos every once in a while. While it was fun to do, by the end of the video someone was almost always arrested.

At first, the dares were hilarious.

"James, I dare you to strip in front of that girl over there and offer her a lap dance," Beau pointed at a pretty girl sitting on the couch in the living room. "Don't take no for an answer."

James did as he was told, laughing drunkenly at the dare.

We all watched intently as James approached the girl, ripped off his shirt and nearly sat on her. After five minutes of torturing her, he returned to us with a cocky smile.

That's when the dares got tricky.

"Alright," James clapped his hands together. "I'm going to dare Luke," he pointed at me. I looked up at him, determined to take on whatever he threw at me.

"I dare you to make out with Jai."

My eyes went wide and I felt my face flush red, just as everyone in the room went crazy with excitement.

I looked at my twin brother, next to me. He was looking at the ground—completely silent and equally as red as I was. His silence made it clear that he didn't want it to happen. As much as I wanted to kiss him, I wouldn't humiliate Jai just to satisfy my own desires.

"C'mon, you pussy," I heard multiple people shout at me, including Beau.

I looked up at James again and shook my head.

"Can't do it," I shrugged. "Sorry, mate."

Several people who were watching the intense game were disappointed—as told by the 'awe's and 'no's.

"Don't apologize to me," James shrugged back at me. "Apologize to yourself. You're getting thrown in the pool now."

"What? James, no—" I started to protest, but it was too late. House rules—reject a dare and you get thrown in the pool. Beau and Daniel had already grabbed me by the arms and were dragging me outside. I'd like to think I was a strong guy for the most part, but Beau and Daniel combined were a whole lot stronger.

After only a few seconds of struggling, I had given up. The next thing I knew, I was under water. Who would have guessed I'd choose to get thrown into a pool, fully clothed, over kissing Jai? Not me.

I resurfaced, and noticed everyone around the pool was laughing. It was a peculiar situation; I'd give them that. As I waded to the shallow end, my eyes landed on one particular person by the pool who wasn't laughing: Jai.

He was giving me a look that I couldn't quite figure out. I chose to ignore it as I made my way into the house—leaving a trail of water behind me all the way up to my room. I stripped down to nothing and stumbled into my closet in search of warm, dry clothing. It was fucking cold—wearing wet clothes in an air-conditioned house.