Needing air

"Canon ball!" A girl shouted before hitting the deep water with a splash. The water parted and we were hit with the pools sun warmed water.

I was on a vacation with my family. Having only been there for four days, I had surprisingly made a lot of friends of my age. Laughing, my friends and I stood around the outside pools deep end jumping in and splashing everyone around us.

Our parents were over the far end of the swimming pool by the shallow end. Lying on sun beds skin as red as tomatoes, talking about their vacation. They would give a look over at us once in awhile to ensure we were okay.

Jokingly, one of the girls I had met that week had decided that she would push people into the deep water. Which achieved a lot of laughs from my friends and I but worried glances from parents.

"Hey, Mitch!" I shouted to one of the friends I had made. He was 11 years old, one year younger than me. We got on instantly because we both like singing and both live in Texas so had loads in common. He had brown hair and an adorable smile so I would find myself staring at him.

After we all welcomed Mitch, we started laughing and jumping into the water again. Mitch didn't, he stood by the pool looking down at his hands.

Deciding that if Mitch wasn't going to jump in, the girl that was pushing us in earlier gave Mitch a push. As Mitch hit the water it was like everything from then on was happening in slow motion.

Quickly, Mitch began to sink down in the deep water. The looks on our faces changed from happy to panicked and alarmed: he was drowning.

"He can't swim!" A lady screamed at the top of her lungs towards us. Before I could process what I was doing, I was in the water with Mitch.

Panicked, all I could hear was muffled screams and shouts that were not clear, water bubbles began filling my ears. I tried pushing, the brown haired boy with that beautiful Smile, up towards the surface. I struggled to get a grip on his body to get him up.

His eyes began to close.

I quickly fixed my hand under his arms and kicked my feet. I looked up and I see the surface getting closer. I kicked as hard as I could until sound was clear again.

I held Mitch close as he struggled to level his breathing. And I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding, trying to level my breathing like Mitch.

I sighed.

Mitch wrapped his hands around my neck and I swam to the edge of the pool where there was people, faces white as ghost.

They lifted Mitch and I out of the pool and wrapped towels around us. Everyone was fussing around us but I could quite here what they were saying. It was like they were on mute and my eyes simply fixed on Mitch.

He was shivering, hugging the towel closer to his body as his family crowed around him.

He reached for my hand and squeezed it. I looked down at our intertwined fingers and up to his face. Locking eyes. He mouthed thank you and smiled. That beautiful smile that I loved.

--------------
"Scott!" Mitch shouted from our bedroom. I still can't believe that he is mine, 10 years later.

"Yes?" I asked walking into the bedroom.

"Give me a kiss before you go to work, please." Mitch said making grabby hands at me.

My lips met his in a sweet kiss.

"I love you too, mister life saver. Now get to work and same more lives." He said to me pushing me out of the bedroom.

The vacation I met Mitch was the vacation I decided what I wanted to be when I was older : A lifeguard.

A/N- so this is a story I wrote for English. Well kinda I changed it so that there was a love interest, scomiche. Hope you liked it.
Thank Pure_Fury for checking this for me. Go check her out, if you read supernatural, Sherlock fanfiction. She mostly writes on ao3 her name is the same.
Until next time