Chapter 30

DREW

"What is the noise all about?" I heard Jace's voice behind me followed by the person itself rudely barging inside my room.

"I'm packing" I said putting clothes inside the suitcase.

"Why?" Jace asked a little louder than necessary

"There's a convention in Sydney that I need to-"

"When were you informed?" He asked cutting me mid-sentence, which by the way I find very rude.

"Last week" I replied looking around

"And you're just telling me this now? Unbelievable!" he exclaimed, I shrugged "when will you leave and for how long?" he asked a little frustrated.

"Early in the morning tomorrow and would last for at least a week" I mumbled still looking around, 'where is that thing?'

"Fine, I'm a little used to this emergency departure and all but I am begging you, for the love of God, please tell me you already told this to Aubrey" he said pleading, I whipped my head towards him.

"Oh god! You forgot about Aubrey didn't you, you forgot about the fact that you have a girlfriend who would be wondering where the hell you would disappear to" he scolded and I just remained silent, I've been so used to being on my own that I never needed to ask anyone or inform anyone about the things I do or places I go to.

"You are leaving the country in less than twenty four hours and would go to the other side of the planet, would stay there for a week and you didn't tell your girlfriend!" he shouted, I sat on my bed while placing a hand on my face realizing what he's telling me.

"Drew! Seriously? This happens all the time when you're so engrossed with work; it's as if you're in another world, you forgot about the people around you; the people who fucking care to know what you're up to" he said in a strained voice.

"I've never had anyone to inform of the things I do or where I go aside from you and I'm so used to that kind of living that it didn't occur to me" I mumbled defeated.

"I'm sorry; I shouldn't have exploded on you like that. That was selfish of me; I've never been in your shoes so I really don't have the right to shout at you and all. I'm sorry" he said sitting beside me, I glanced at him and gave him a smile; he smiled back and hugged me, I patted his back.

"Please just tell me you already informed your mom and especially Eve" he said pulling back from the hug, he saw my facial expression and knew the answer.

"Oh Drew, you already dug your grave by not informing Aubrey but not informing Eve, you're digging far deeper my friend" he said with a light laugh.

"I know, I guess I'll worry about that today" I said gulping hard "I'll start with Elizabeth, I know she'd be more understanding than the other two" I said already imagining Eve and Aubrey's reaction when I tell them I'm leaving.

I just hope I would make it alive or else I would never reach Sydney on time.

After my talk with Jace I didn't waste any time and went downstairs planning to talk to Elizabeth.

"Hey" I said announcing my presence.

"Hey to you too" she replied smiling, I grinned back and took a sit in front of her.

"I'm leaving for Australia tomorrow"

"I know" I stared at her quizzically.

"How?"

"I am after all Andrew Goodwin's wife" she explained with a smirk "you told Eve yet?" I shook my head

"Want me to talk to her?"