All Her Fault - Chapter One

By Laura x Tennant

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6209739/1/

A/N: Hellooo :D Right, this is what this fic is going to be about:

Basically, I'm going to have each chapter be a different Ten/Rose oneshot, probably all fluff and romance lol. But they'll all be unrelated to each other, and some longer than others. So, this chapter is called 'All Her Fault' and the next one will be a different storyline not related to this one, and so on. So, I hope you enjoy! Laura x

...

All Her Fault

"Baby it's cold...out...side!" the Doctor sang joyfully as he lay beneath the console repairing a few wires. "La la, la la la..." he continued nonsensically. And then he noticed them. Her feet. Right by his head. Ah. Oh dear.

"Really, Doctor?" Rose said, failing to keep the amusement out of her voice. "Should I wrap up warm, then?"

He slid himself out and stood up, folding his arms and trying to look dignified. "I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about."

"You were singing," she pointed out.

"No I wasn't," he denied.

"Um, yes you was," she retorted.

"Wasn't."

"Was."

"Wasn't!" he insisted, unfolding his arms and turning from her to fiddle with the console screen.

"Don't feel embarrassed, Doctor,"she began, to which the Doctor rolled his eyes. "You have a lovely voice."

His expression brightened considerably, and he turned to face her again. "Really?" he asked hopefully. He scowled at her when she burst out laughing. "Hmph," he huffed, and sat down on the jumpseat with an exaggerated sigh.

Once Rose had recovered from her hysterical laughing fit, she smiled warmly at him. "Doctor?"

"What?" he sighed.

"That's not the first time I've heard you sing," she said casually, sitting down beside him. Reflexively, he put his arm around her shoulders. Then, upon realising he was supposed to be in a strop with her, he dropped his arm. She noticed this, and laughed internally at his childishness.

"Really," he stated. He didn't want her to elaborate.

"Yep!" she cried cheerfully. "You sing to yourself all the time, when you're in here and you think I'm asleep. And don't give me that look: I told you, you have a nice voice."

"I thought you were being sarcastic. What with the bursting into giggles thing."

"No, I meant it. It was just...your face though, you looked so chuffed," she said, laughter bubbling up again. She softly stroked his cheek, then frowned at her hand when she realised what she was doing. She let it fall to rest between them, like his arm had done.

He profusely ignored this even happened. If he didn't, he feared he would pick her hand back up and put it to his cheek again. Which would've been a bit weird. Hence, he ignored it. Well. Pretended to ignore it. Yes, that would be more accurate.

She cleared her throat. "Anyway...I like it. It's nice. You always sound so relaxed. So...happy," she continued softly.

He smiled at that. "I am happy," he replied, nudging her shoulder with his. She beamed up at him and twisted to lie down. He pulled her legs up to rest on his lap, and she was about to say something when he decided to tease her a little. "And I've heard you sing, too. A lot."