Entry #11

Dear Autumn, 

Earlier today, as I sat in solitude, my mind drifted off to yet another memory of you and I. 

It was a memory of the time when our families went to have a picnic near a beautiful forest. I remember how we were practically inseparable during that day, only leaving each other when we decided to play our special game.

(I don't know if you remember this, but because at the time we had an obsession with rocks, we made up a game that consisted of finding the most beautiful rock. The rule was that the one who finds the most magnificent rock within a span of ten minutes, wins.)

So that day, you ventured off on your own in one direction and I on the other. Ten minutes had passed and I returned with a nice looking rock back to where our families were sitting. You were late, something that you never were. So after waiting for ten more minutes for you to return, both our families started frantically searching for you. 

It was probably the scariest moment in my life.

But then I found you. You, in all your beauty, crying in the middle of the beautiful forest while clutching the most beautiful rock I've ever seen. Beautiful was all that came to mind when I thought of you back then.

You practically attacked me when you saw me. You kept on hugging me and crying, and soon, I was crying alongside you. 

And then I whispered something I'll never forget to this day.

"I don't think I'll be able to live if I ever lose you again."

And I was right. 

Because Autumn, without you by my side I'm just an empty skeleton. 

Don't get lost again (please), 

August