Chapter Eleven

Karina.

"Are you okay? I told you to stop eating so many marshmallows. They always make you sick." Lexis shook his head while holding my hair back. "I'm fine... I just... maybe I should've... listened. I can't believe you remembered that." I said between each breath as I leaned over the toilet. I watched as he turned on the bath tub water and poured bubbles and scented rose pedal melts inside. "Take your clothes off. I'm gonna get you something for your stomach."

He left me in the bathroom and I did as told. I tied my hair up, lit some candles and stepped inside the warm bath tub. I almost instantly felt better. When I opened my eyes, Lexis had brought me a cup of Alka-Seltzer and a wine glass of ginger ale. How fancy. "Thank you." I whispered to him. He sat next to me and held my hand. "Anytime. I put Aubree in bed so you don't have to worry about anything but feeling better." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

This is why I fell in love with Lexis. He's such a caring person and will do anything for the people he loves. Aubree is just like him, it amazes me. "About the marshmallow thing... I remember everything you're allergic to. I remember everything that upsets your stomach, which topping to put on your food, why you don't like peas, how you pick raisins out of trail mix, and... um... yeah..." He caught himself rambling. "I'll let you finish up. Shout if you need me."

"Okay." I smiled and watched him close the door. I felt so good that I soaked in the bath for almost an hour. Life was feeling so right... aside from my thoughts about G. I called him and he went on to pleading his case but I ensured him that it was strictly about Aubree. He seemed sad and I felt so lost talking to him, unsure if I felt for him or just didn't care. Either way, I know I belong with Lexis. Me and G both cheated on each other, that can't be love.

I snapped out of thought and wrapped a towel around my body. "Lexis?" I peaked in the room to see if he was asleep, and he was. I tip toed so I wouldn't wake him but I wasn't quiet enough. "What are you doing girl?" he mumbled to me. "I didn't want to wake you." I smiled, inching closer to him. We made eye contact for a moment and I'm certain we were both thinking the same thing. "It's been a long time." He sat up on the bed and rested his head right on my belly.

I could feel his hands start to roam under my towel. I knew he was trying to hold himself together but... I didn't want him to. I let his hand do everything they pleaded to do. I yanked my towel off and exposed myself to him. He stood up and laid me on my back. I felt his warmth hovering over my body. Chills rolled down my spine as I arched my back. I heard the sound of his shorts falling to the ground and then there it was.

That overwhelmingly warm, and wet sensation on my pearl. He flicked his tongue on my clit in every direction and did the same number on my nipples.

All I could do was lay there and endure it, with my nails clawing at his shoulders. "Damn I've missed you." He whispered in the crook of my neck. Without warning, he slid himself into me. "Oh my god." I gasped. "I've missed you too." Sex with Lexis felt so different, like it wasn't just sex. I could feel the love he had for me with every touch, every stroke. "I want to marry you." I moaned with my arms wrapped around his torso. He stopped and looked me in the eyes, shocked by my words. "Soon. I promise." He kissed my lips and spread my legs open all in one swift movement.

"Daddy what's wrong with mommy?" Aubree yelled while banging on the door. "Nothing baby give us a minute." I tried not to giggle at her adorable innocence. "You should learn to be a little more quiet." Lexis smiled and pulled his shorts back up. "How could I be quiet with all of this?" I grabbed the front his shorts and winked at him. "I'll get Aubree to bed." He shook his head at me and left me to get dressed.

Damn daughter, you just had to interrupt as soon as I was about to get some!

Adrianna.

"I told you not to mess with him. You should've listened." I rolled my eyes listening to Rémy tell me off about German. I just don't understand how he could do this to me... to his wife. "How was I suppose to know he was married? He's been lying to me for months Rémy... and it hurts."

"I can't believe you caught  feelings for this guy.  It just doesn't seem... Adrianna." She pulled me in for a hug. "I feel so stupid. No wonder he wanted me to go through with the abortion." I got pregnant by a married man. The words didn't even sound right to me. His house never even looked as if a woman lived there... unless he hid that too. Then again, I've only ever been in his bedroom. "Look on the bright side, at least you won't have to be a single mother. Struggling and alone."

"He hasn't even called me." My eyes kept tearing and my throat felt dry and swollen. "That just goes to show how much he doesn't care Adrianna." Rémy was right, I just didn't want to hear it. "You should've saw her."

"Saw who?"

"Monica. She's absolutely flawless. I see why he married her."

"Let's not talk about that anymore. I hate seeing you cry."

"So how's Rocky and Chuchi?" I smiled, trying to escape my thoughts. "Rocky is amazing. He's been so sweet to me. Things were hard after I had the accident but he's been here. Ya know?" I could see the glow drain from her face when she mentioned it. "And you?" I asked with a serious look on my face. "I don't know Dria. I was so stupid. I know I'll be okay though... eventually."

"I'm always here if you need anything and maybe you guys can start over after you've healed" I rubbed her back and stood up from the bar stool. "Thanks. Ready to go?" Rém smiled, and her glow returned to her face. "Ready when you are." We held hands and walked the boardwalk with our heads held high.

**

"I'm sorry Adrianna, but I have to go." G kissed my forehead and started putting his clothes back on. "Why so soon? You gotta wife at home or something?" I joked with him. "Uh... no. Daughter." He said in an anxious tone. "Don't worry. We're adults here and men with kids don't scare me." I smiled at him. "Thanks. I guess I'll call you." He grabbed his car keys and headed for the door. "Bye." I yelled just before the door shut.

I was so excited that I met someone until I thought about what I had done. I immediately grew embarrassed and had to talk to someone. I picked up the phone and dialed my best friends number.

"Hello?"

"Rém I feel so stupid."

"Oh hey Dria, what's wrong girl?"

"I met this guy at work tonight and I really liked him—"

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you! Who is he?"

"We had sex tonight too."

"It's about time you got rid of them cobwebs!"

"No Rémy, this is not good. What if he doesn't call me or thinks I'm easy?"

"Adrianna you're amazing. He'll call. Trust me. Even if he didn't, it'd be his loss."

"You think so?"

"Know it!"

"Thanks sis."

"No— oool. No problem. Rocky stop it! I gotta go. Bye!"

"Okay, bye."

I hope Rémy is right about him calling. He left a very good impression on me. Physically and mentally. Very sexy, very mysterious, very... horny.