Chapter 1~Confusion

Ch. 1

When I opened my eyes, I couldnt remember a thing.

I didn't know where I was, I didn't know my name.

All I knew was that a pair of startling blue/grey eyes were very, very close.

Like, our noses were touching.

He had a rather nice nose.

Suddenly, I heard cheering.

The boy with the blue/grey eyes smirked."Decided to wake up then, Princess?", he grinned.

I tilted my head to the other side of the room and realized that i was on a glass table, supported by bushes.

I looked down, I was wearing a deep blue gown that was tight along my stomach and chest, almost like a corset, and flowed gracefully out from my waist in a light yellow. My hands were folded on my stomach, and I was holding a white lily. Red ballet flats peeked out from under the hem of my dress.

"Darling your awake!"I heard a very fake joyful voice coming from my right. I sat up quickly, looking around me at the dark green forest-like room.

The room was a perfect rectangle with exactly eight trees along the sides and 4 trees on either end. The cieling was domed and the light filtering through the leaves above was magical.Literally. My table was in the direct center raised on a platform. The churchpew-like seats were filled with people.

"Ladies and gentleman! Princess Whitney has been awoken from her deep, deep, magical sleep!"A loud voice said. "By the kiss of her betrothed, Sir Damien Ackerly of Elith!" Another round of applause burst from the people. I looked for the blue/grey eyed boy, he must be Sir Damien and I must be Princess whitney, cool I'm a princess.

Sir Damien was speaking to teenage boy with blonde hair and light blue eyes, right next to a middle aged couple that must have been the King and Queen. I could tell that the kings grey hair had once been jet-black, and his light green eyes were full of laughter. He was dressed all in black, his crown was no exeption. The woman next to him, that I assumed to be queen, had light brown hair and the same ice blue eyes as the boy. Her gown was similar to mine, but hers was in black.Her lips were pursed as if she had tasted something sour. As if sensing my thoughts she turned towards me, her lips turning into a smile. "My dear", She said, turning to her husband," I think our dear daughter has woken up!" Wait, did she say daughter?!oh right, I'm a princess, that makes sense.

The king walked slowly towards me, the corners of his mouth lifting. "Whitney, my darling girl!" He proclaimed as he ran the last few steps to hug me. He smelled of mint and rain, or was it tears? When my father finally pulled back, the queen was directly behind him. The eyes I had thought were cold were now filled with tears. She stepped forward and hugged me also.

"I missed you princess,"she whispered. She had the same mint and rain smell of my father, but she also smelled of lemons.Fresh.

Next, Sir Damien stepped up to me and kissed my hand. Pulling me to my feet in the process. I took a tentative step forward and almost fell on my face. Sir Damien stepped closer and put his arm around my waist.

A slight flush filled my cheeks. "We just have to get to the carriage outside, okay whitt?" He murmured into my hair."Ok", I responded. My voice was rough and scratchy.

We started walking forward again and down the steps. Suddenly an aisle between the pews opened up before us, straight to a large glass door that looked to have grown into the trees. Huh, I didn't seethat before. The King and Queen were walking ahead of us, occasionally glancing back at me. After Me and Sir Damien, two rows of soldiers were marching, blocking any of the people who tried to touch me. 

As we reached the doors, They slid open silently and suddenly the soldiers were fighting off a mob of screaming people. It was a fight to get to the carriage, a footman opened the door and bowed. Sweeping his hand towards the carriage. Sir Damien helped me into the plush red interior. Then hopped up and shut the door. Telling the driver through the divider to follow the King and Queens carriage.

The carriage started with a jolt that sent me straight into Sir Damien's lap. I blushed a furious red. "Help me!" I squealed. He reached for my arms and pulled me back into a sitting position. Laughing. "Exuse me sir, but what is so funny?" I fumed.

"Nothing, princess", he smirked. I turned my head, scowling. "Oh, is the poor little princess emberassed?"He teased.

I whipped my head back to him,"No!Of course not!What is there to be embarassed about? It's not like I did anything-" I rambled.

"Except throw yourself at me with poorly concealed passion". He stated.

I glared at him,'I did not!"  

"Stop lying to yourself whit, you know you can't resist this awsomeness", he grinned, flexing his biceps. "Yeah, cause its sooo awsome"I rolled my eyes. "See, your catching on!"he smirked. I couldn't help but smile back, he was just so funny! Suddenly I got an idea.

I leaned closer, my smiling face turned pleading, He looked at my expression and immediatly sobered,"What's wrong?"He asked gently.

"I can't tell you",i whispered looking at the carriage floor. He grabbed my chin in his hands and forced me to look him in the eye.

"You can tell me anything, you know that?" He said looking worried.

 " They said that if I told anyone that I would die" I quavered.

His eyes widened slightly,"No one will know!I promise!Just tell me whit!" he exclaimed."oh alright", I whispered my eyes darting around the carriage.

"I'm Thirsty,"I said looking him straight in the eye.

"It's going to be al-Wait wh-what did you say?"

I couldn't hold the laughter in any longer,"You......Should....ve.......seen.. your face!"I wheezed.

"Thirsty?Seriously Whit,THIRSTY!" He said.

"Yes", I replied, my voice squeaking. Sir Damien reached under my skirt. "What do you think you're doing!" I croaked.

"Getting you water, Princess", He muttered while pulling out a water skin from underneath the seat. "Oh", I replied as I took it and drank eagerly.

When I was finished, I handed it back to him and looked out the window. We were driving along a dirt road that was lined with huge trees. On our left, I could barely see the beginnings of a gorgeous black sanded beach. I turned to my right, the trees were slightly thinner and gave way quickly to Fields of various colorful crops.

Occasionally I would see a village on the horizon, then it would disappear when we got closer. After a while of this I turned and asked Sir Damien what was going on. "It's just the way there positioned, Whit. You designed it yourself."

"Oh", I murmored.

I turned back to the window and caught a glimpse of my reflection. I had fair skin, with thick, long wavy blonde hair, light pink lips, and deep brown eyes framed by long thick black lashes. I smiled, my teeth were blindingly white and straight. I reached up and felt my hair, it was pulled back into a complex braid that fell down to my lower back. I started taking out the pens and ties that held it all together. It was starting to give me a headache. I started at the bottom and worked my way up, my fingers moving quickly. When I had finished, I ran my fingers through my hair. Then I pulled it all back and tied it into a simple looped bun. Much better. 

Then I rested my head against the back of the seat and fell asleep.

************************************************

I changed her description to match Miranda Otto who played Eowyn in The Lord of the Rings, she seemed like a good fit and I know this shapter is crappy, but my writing has improved ALOT since I started it.