Chapter 7 Nightmares

Happy Birthday to me! ╲(。◕‿◕。)╱ And SURPRISE EARLY UPDATE!!!

Feels Warning: We're diving a bit deeper into Noel's thoughts and past. Most of which aren't very happy.

Noel's leopard Karno ------------------->

***************************************

Chapter 7

Nightmares

Noel's POV

I listen to the sound of Leon's car fade as reality settles in. I have a mate. The word that had sicken me to my core since the death of my parents. The memories try to force themselves back onto me. 

You're such a worthless whore of a mate. Good thing, you're my mate otherwise no one would ever love you.

"Dad, are you feeling okay? You look pale," Basil asks, concerned, as I lean against the wall for support.

"I'm fine. Just tired. Why don't you, three, go and eat? I'm gonna go upstairs and rest. Okay?" I force out. Basil and Tempest nod their heads and start to nudge Amber towards the kitchen. I can still feel their looks of concern as I move towards the stairs. I grimace when I hear Amber ask if I'm going to be alright. They shouldn't have to worry about me. It should be me worrying over them.

I finally reach my bedroom. I stumble to the bathroom slowly stripping off the clothes covering my repulsive body. Numb, I look at my reflection in mirror. My fingers trace the scars that zigzag across my skin until they hit the one I'm the most ashamed of. Located where my neck and shoulder meet is the mark of the man who ruined me. The black broken thread emanating from the scar permanently coiled around my neck like a noose. I look down at my hand to confirm that the red thread was still there, that it was still real. Thank the Goddess. He was lying. Tears start to build in my eyes, but I refuse let them fall.

<He can't hurt us anymore, little cub>

<I know that, Karno. But that doesn't mean the memories can't. I can barely stand the thought of touching him. And I don't think I can go through another mating ritual if he even wants a mate as broken as me.> 

<You're NOT broken. Look at all you've accomplished. All the kids you've saved.> 

<That's another thing! What teen wants to become an instant parent to three kids? He doesn't know what he wants in life, in a family yet. Oh goddess, he's only 17. If I even start approaching him now, I'll be just like him.> 

<You are nothing like him, little cub. If that's what you're afraid of then don't start pursuing him yet. His birthday is the day after Halloween, two weeks away. Be like Dante and waited until he's 18. And if he doesn't want us, then he's the problem not us. If worse comes to worst, we can pack up and move again. We've survived this long without a mate. We can continue to do so.>

<You're right.>

<When am I not.> I can feel him smirking

Damn pompous cat. I sigh and hop into the shower. Icy cold water falls, cooling my heat skin. I scrub shampoo into my hair to rid itself of any remaining paint. I stay under chilling spray until the numbness spreads through my body. I turn off the shower and quickly dry off.

I toss on some sweats before leaving my bedroom through a connecting door into my piano room. After sitting down the small sofa, I pull out my phone and dial Dante's number. He picks up almost immediately.