Street Rat

*Disclaimer- Strong language for a Pokemon story. Sorry. *

Ch1

"Street rat! Get out of here!" Kecleon's angry yell resonated in my ears as I dodged another Swift attack.

"Damn..." I growled, ducking behind a stump. "All this over a simple Oran Berry!?" Sending a powerful flamethrower over my shoulder, I tumbled into the bushes in front Kangaskhan's shop, sighing as i watched the angry lawmen fly past my hiding spot.

"Shenzi, I wish you would stop using my shop as a hiding spot. One of these days you're going to get caught and it's going to get both of us into trouble!" I heard the shopkeeper grumble, grabbing me by my bandana and yanking me out of the bushes to look at me. "Now, get lost. Go cause mischeif elsewhere"

"Yes ma'am," I growled, reaching for my prize. When she set me down, I looked both ways and bolted. Paws flying, I raced down the trail to the Rescue Team Guild. I paused, gazing up at the large building. Once my future had seemed to point there. I wanted to go into the Union as a trainee, to become a big strong Pokemon. I wanted to help people, or so i thought. They had turned me out on the street without even considering me for their team. TURNED ME OUT!!! My blood began to boil, and I raced off. How could they? The thought lingered in the back of my mind, a constant reminder of why i hated Rescue Teams. Parading up and down the streets with their fancy pins and official "Team Go-Getters" rulebook. Who made those f-ing rules anyways!? How come no one saw what I saw? Taking payment from every person in need of their assistance. Isn't their favorite slogan "Helping others is a reward enough for us!" Aren't they selfish... Don't they say that anyone can be in a Rescue Team? Well why the HELL did they throw ME out!? Why!? I collapsed onto my nest on the leadge of the den. The den was spotted here and there with other nests, some permenant guests like myself, some merely criminals lying low for a time being. They would be off as soon as the cops found some other petty criminals to chase.

I guess you're probably wondering who I am at this point. Well, i'm a Houndoom. I'm a girl, and i wear a black bandana with blood red claw marks stitched into it. They're pretty sloppy, because they were done by another fugitive, but that's ok. They get the point accross. It's been close to three years living here. Three years that earned me the names "Street Rat", "Thief Queen", "Devil in the Shadows". Three years snatching my every meal. Three years evading the cops. But hey, i'm still here. At least i'm not in a cell somewhere.

"Shenzi?" a voice called, "You here?"

"Yea Flash, i'm here."

"Oh good!" he barked, bounding over. "I don't know how this joint would operate without you around. Word around town was that you almost got caught today."

"Don't they say that every day?" I grumbled with a sigh, taking another bite of my berry. Flash was a rather skiddish Jolteon. He was my best friend. Like me, the RTU hadn't given him a chance. So he ran. My parents had run a RT, so when the Guild turned me out they did the same. Flash ran fast, thus the name. It was like his paws were on fire. He outran anyone, cop or criminal.

"Yea..." He mumbled, scenting the air. "By the way, the cops were searching the woods for an Absol. They say he busted up Spearow pretty bad."

"Well then," I said, getting to my paws, "let's go get this fellow before they get ahold of him."

Street Rats (Editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara