Chapter 2

Pain...complete and utter pain reigned high giving me an A-grade headache, I couldn't move a muscle for fear that it would provoke another round of hammering in my head. Carefully I opened one eye and testily the other and what greeted me was surprising. I was looking at a painting, that surprised me. Why on earth would I be looking at a painting? I don't own any and as far as I know my bed did not have silk sheets either.

'Where the hell am I?' I murmured to myself. Ignoring the massive migraine I was getting I looked around my surroundings. 

'Holy shit! I am in a museum. Great! Just great, get a grip on yourself Arwen!You don't know where you are'.

I looked passed the humongous foot of the four-poster bed. This bedroom alone could swallow by entire flat and my two neighbors flats and still have space left. Whoever owned this must have money in black or be the King of a foreign land. Everything in this room was bathed in Gold and rich mahogany red colors, past the expensive looking closed drapes and antique looking couches and chaises, there was even a fireplace already roaring and giving the room a warm blanket.

All the walls were covered in marble murals in various colors, it depicted some sort of battle, I couldn't understand it. There were angles and demons and wolf like creatures, it was telling an ancient story one that was beyond me. I was wonder-struck, there was even a crystal chandelier hanging in the middle of the room with lit candles embedded in it. Who the hell still had those?  Did the guy ever hear of bulbs? I looked out of place, I didn't belong here. I managed to free myself from the comfort that is silk and started to get out of the bed.

'Umph! Bloody hell my nose', regrettably I ended up in a not so ladylike manner face-first on the floor rug. How high is this freaking bed? Frustratingly, I got off the floor and looked about for the exit door. I walked past the  sofa set and what looked like an oak cabinet and headed towards door number one. The cool golden colored door-knob twisted in my hand like butter and opened to a walk-in closet almost the size of the bedroom I was just in. My mouth just dropped, there were rows and rows of shelves and drawers with different colored suits amd robes that hung on the platforms with men's shoes  lining the tops of the drawers. Everything in this room screamed elegance and arrogance.

I quietly shut the door and turned away from the showroom closet. I was feeling inadequate and suddenly very very poor, my consciousness who had been screaming for me to get out of this room was all of a sudden quiet. I thought it must be the shock of the opulence that surrounded me  but boy was I wrong. As I was making my way towards door number two, it opened on its own and out strode in the man who had taken me. He looked like a model from a fitness magazine but his eyes told a whole different story. Unlike the first time I had seen him, his eyes were black with hints of white specks. His powerful aura still emitted a  stench of darkness and all things bad.

" Mmm I see you are up. Have you been exploring? Looking for the exit maybe".

"Nn...no I wasn't, just looking for the bathroom". Damn it when did I start to stutter. This manic does not need to know that I am scared out of my knickers.

"Well, in that case, you were headed in the wrong direction! the bathroom is behind you towards your far-left''. He stated as a matter-of-factually.  ''Before you go and relive yourself, I wanted to commend you, I thought you would waiting for me with a weapon of some sort ready to attack me and escape from here screaming like a banshee. But again you have proven me wrong''.

''I know when escape is inevitable, so spending much needed energy on planning and conniving against you would be pointless. As it is, you have confined me to a room like a bird in a golden cage with nothing to eat or drink so it is you who I must commend on sticking to the rules of kidnapping''.