You never love yourself

Niall moved his hands slowly through the signs and tried to be as smooth and graceful as Renny was as she formed the words:

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me

But bear this in mind it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me.

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile

you never loved your stomach or your thighs

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I'll love them endlessly

Niall smiled in sheer pleasure of remembering it all and worked diligently , learning the next verses that Louis  and Harry sang. He was feeling a real sense of achievement and was keen to get to his own solo.

You never love yourself half as much as I love you

You'll never treat yourself right, darling , but I want you to

If I let you know I'm here for you

Maybe you'll love yourself like ................

Niall stopped and looked into Renny's eyes "I love you" he spoke the words this time, his hands falling down to hold Renny's. "I love you" he repeated. The words sounded wondering, like he'd just made an important discovery and was in awe of the emotions racing through him.

Renny pulled her hands away and curled up into herself, the tears flowing down her cheeks."Renny,  what's the matter? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong? Tell me, please tell me." Niall was beside himself and at a total loss of what to do. He instinctively reached out to hug and comfort her. He wanted to pull the crying girl onto his lap and wrap his arms around her, to protect her from the world but  part of him knew he couldn't, mustn't touch this vulnerable fragile girl. His heart felt like it would split into two and he had never felt so helpless in all his 21 years.  Renny sobbed like her heart was breaking and Niall just didn't think he could stand it. He sat quietly just watching, his hand reaching out only to be awkwardly withdrawn onto his knee, tears now trickling down his own face.

Eventually the sobbing stopped and Renny looked up at him with tear stained cheeks. Even after crying, Niall still thought he had never seen anyone as beautiful as the sad girl facing him. Renny picked up her notebook and started to write:

" You can't love me, nobody can love me. I am dirty, filthy and not worth love anymore. Once maybe, but that ended a few years ago when that vile man took from me the only thing I had of value....Niall read those words and his own tears fell harder,  "Renny, you are worth being loved, I love you" But Renny shook her head and ran. Niall immediately followed but Renny had somehow vanished into thin air and Niall was left alone and distraught once more.