Kathy/Katy

Tessa

I feel so bad. I was the one that said JJ should move on, which lead him to asking out Kathy/Katy. I feel so bad.

Running after Liv, the thoughts play over in my head. I made JJ do all this. I made my best friend even more upset than before. I am to blame for all of this.

I hear Liv’s sobs coming from my room, and find her curled up in the bath, crying into her arms.

“Livvie,” I whisper, walking towards the bath and stroking her back, “Please don’t cry Livvie. I hate it when you’re upset.”

Liv looks up at me, her eyes dark with runny mascara, “That’s her Tessa!” She sobs, “That’s the red-head from the party.”

“I know, sweetie, I know.” I sigh, wrapping my arms around her in a big hug. How am I supposed to carry on calming her down when I feel so guilty? Liv sobs, wiping her eyes with her hands. Mascara trickles down her already tearstained face. Her blonde hair is pushed away from her face and sticks up at weird angles. She looks rough. But it’s not what she looks like that bothers me the most. It’s the look in her eyes. They say that she’s tired of all of this. They say that she doesn’t want to be part of it anymore. They say that she’s hurt.

“It was me,” I blurt out, hardly realising what’s falling out of my mouth. My eyes widen, but I can’t stop, so I continue rambling on, “I told JJ to move on and let you go, but I didn’t realise that he’d go out with Kathy/Katy, and I’m really sorry, but I just said it and I didn’t know and I completely understand if you hate me and don’t want to be my friend ever, ever again, but I’m really sorry and-”

“I don’t blame you for anything, Tessa,” Liv shakes her head slowly, hugging me tightly, “I know you blame yourself, but let’s face it, JJ would just go out with Katy even if you didn’t say it.” I stare at her sad face and hug her tightly again, tears of my own threatening to spill over.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper again.

Liv laughs sadly, “I shouldn’t be upset like this.” She shakes her head. “JJ’s there acting like the happiest guy in the world, and I’m sobbing all the time.”

I stare at her for a few seconds before I come up with my plan. “Well, Livvie,” I smile at her, “I’m going to make you into the happiest person alive.”

My plan is probably the simplest plan on earth. But you know what they say, simple but effective. And that’s what my plan is going to be. Effective. I am going to make Liv happy, let her have some fun.

I do feel a bit bad about leaving her in my room with nothing to do. Well, she’s probably making herself look like the normal Liv, but it’s still sad.

I wander into the living room, set on searching for Ella, but instead of seeing her sat on the sofa, headphones in; I find her chatting to Kathy/Katy. I find most people chatting to Kathy/Katy, actually. Well, they didn’t hear the big argument this morning. Or maybe they did, and they’re just hiding it until Kathy/Katy is gone. Yeah, I wouldn’t want some random person to start spouting nonsense about my guys ex. Well, they must be thinking about something to do with Liv, and why she isn’t with JJ. Or maybe they’re just all a bit dumb.

“Who’s this?” Kathy/Katy asks, looking at me, a sweet smile on her face.

“This is Tessa,” JJ tells her, “She’s a really good friend to all of us.” I know I have to make an effort to be nice to her, and she does look nice. Don’t judge a book by its cover. What’s that supposed to mean? Maybe she’s just a really horrible person, pretending to be nice? Shut up, Tessa, give her a chance.