Chapter Twenty: Gloria and Leo

Slow and quiet. I need to keep those two things in my mind if I want my plan to work. Derrek has Leo locked up, which means he's been placed in the lower basement. I know this, because that has more security than the upper portion. I don't take Derrek for a sucker when it comes to something like this, he probably already had the idea I'd try something.

Keeping my feet planted on the ground, moving at an impossibly slow pace, I headed down the stairs. With each step that gave the smallest creek, my heart pounded in my chest. I closed my eyes and focused on calming my beating heart down, in order to remain unheard.

"When do we get to leave for lunch?" A man's raspy voice broke through the silence I tried so hard to create.

"Um, in five? I'm not sure, Blake," Another male voice answered the first.

I stopped in my tracks and waited for the voices to continue on with their conversation. I was hoping they would be distracted in each other's words, along with the sounds drowning out any possible ones I'd make.

"So what's this guys story?" The voice, I now know to be Blake, asked the other.

"Alpha Stone said the man brought Roxanne back," The voice answered, making me shiver in disgust at the use of my full name.

"Interesting... Oi! You over there," Blake called to who I could only guess to be a prisoner.

"What," I heard Leo growl, along with some shuffling around in his cell.

"Don't get snippy with me, boy! I have orders from the Alpha to whip you if you get out of line," Blake threatened Leo.

I knew I had to hurry up and get to whatever it is I had planned. At first I thought they'd be asleep, but it's more than clear they aren't and won't be for quite some time. I need to think of something and do it fast, I don't have time to sit around here and wait for things to calm down. I have no idea how long I have until Gloria comes back- wait! That's it! I'll wait for Gloria to wake up and go in to get Leo.

Can I control her though? There's no telling what she'll do in a situation like this one. But I have to try... right? She seems to take a liking to Leo, I have no idea why though. Maybe if the goal is to get him out of the prison cell, then she'll calm down after it's all over and she's in his arms.

A shiver of disgust rolled down my body at the thought of being in Leo's arms, but I couldn't understand why. I like Leo, he's done nothing to hurt me. We have so much in common and we've been through a lot together, so why is my body acting like this now? 

Dear Moon Goddess, please don't tell me this is about Xavier! The thought of that man just make me... Ugh! I can't even have feelings of hate for him anymore! I need Gloria to wake up, and I need her to wake up now.

"Oh just shut up!" Leo snapped, causing me to let out a small gasp.

"I'll fucking kill you boy!" Blake shouted, making things knock over as he made his way to what could only be Leo's cell.

"THEN KILL ME! I'd rather die than sit in here without Roxie," Leo sighed.

Leo doesn't hate me? I thought for sure after all of this that he'd want nothing to do with my crazy lifestyle. Hell, I'm even afraid of who I am. If I had the choice, I'd run from me. Far away from all this drama and into the arms of my- NO! Stop it, Roxie! You don't like Xavier, he's a cold-hearted bastard!

The sound of metal snapping brought me out of my thoughts. I heard growls and knew I needed to step in before it became too late. I need to help Leo, but how?