23:Mind and Body

I don't think I slept for twenty four hours straight. All I know is that when I stumbled back to my room at eight in the morning I was shattered and fell asleep instantly. I then awoke at around four in the afternoon feeling a little bit more awake. But I didn't feel with it, and I had to be as I was invited to tea with the President and his family. The only way to wake up after hardly any sleep is to jump into an ice cold pool, so I took a quick shower and put on my bikini along with some suncream. I grabbed a towel and headed off to the garden pool.

As I wandered down the corridor I saw Leo coming out of a room, he smiled. "Hey." He said lifting his hand slightly. But he instantly shoved them back in his hoodie pockets.

"Hi."

"Off to the pool?" He asked, looking me up and down.

"Yeah, I'm just so tired after last night and I was hoping it could be cold and wake me up for tonight."

"Yeah, you're having a meal with us tonight." He nodded. "Oh, I was wondering, if you wanted to, we could kinda, go out on a public date or something. I don't really know. We could go somewhere that celebs go to." He stuttered slightly as he looked to the floor in embarrassment.

"Yeah, you know what that's a really good idea. To build up the relationship and get media coverage. We could cause a scene or there could be a scandal." I nodded my head. Is it bad that I just wanted to go out with him? He was just so cute and adorable!

"Really? Cool, well, erm, we should talk about it later." Leo scratched the back of his head awkwardly as he spoke. I smiled and carried on walking towards the garden, I was told it was a pleasant walk.

I hummed my own song as I walked through the white house and the gardens, marveling at the ora of the place. Despite it being a place of stress there seemed to be an element of calm. Then from in between the trees I got a glimpse of blue water. It was as blue as the sky or ocean, today was just the perfect day for swim. I headed towards the pool not waiting to get into the water. I ran as fast as i could. Soon I was met by the aqua blue water and the white cabana behind it. Sun beds lined the edge of the pool and two were occupied. One by Matty the other by Alexei.

"Hey Phoenix. Come for a swim?" Matty asked, I smiled at him. I walked past his bed and Alexei's to put my towel down on another one, preferably away from Him. "Damn." I heard someone mutter. It could only be Alexei. I stopped in my tracks. On the balls of my feet I spun around to face him.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"What?" Alexei looked up a smirk on his face. The smirk I hated with all my heart.

"What did you say?" I said looming over him.

"Nothing." He was now sitting up on the sun bed, the smirk still on his face.

"What, are you too pussy to say it to my face?" I said amazed at his cheek. He now stood up and was facing me.

"In my defence, I was just admiring the surroundings." Oh the bastard! He put his hands up as if to surrender. Behind him Matty had buried his head in his hands, he knew what was going to happen next. Without even thinking I delivered a hook with my right arm to his jaw. I wish I had got it on a slow motion camera because it one of my best hooks yet. I heard his jaw crack as my fist hit him. He screamed out in pain. His hand flew up and grabbed his jaw. Satisfied with my work I turned around and dived into the pool landing with a splash.

I don't know how long I stayed under the water, letting it wash over my body, cooling me down. I needed that release of anger, and it felt good now that I had gotten rid of it. Lets be honest Alexei had it coming to him. My black hair drifted around me like Medusa's locks, wild and out of control. The water was truly beautiful and it was like it cleansed me. Once I had calmed down enough I rose to the surface. When I did I took in a deep breath of air. It felt good.

Alexei was nowhere to be seen but Matty was still on the sun bed watching me. I swam over to the side of the pool and rested my arms on the edge. We looked at each other in silence, it wasn't an awkward silence but a nice one.

"He's right you know. You did look good in that swimsuit." Matty pointed out.

"Thanks... You have just made this so awkward." I replied getting all the hair of my face.

"I try, I try. But you did look hot, Alexei had a point."

"Please do not remind me of that idiot. Why does he have to be so crude and rude all the time, I just don't get it." I said moving my arms around in annoyance.

"Still he had a point, you were looking beautiful." Matty said going back to sunbathing.

"Oh so you're into girls now, huh?" I laughed a little bit at that.

"Phoenix, when I am into women the world will have ended and I'm the only man left alive thus having to procreate. Only then will I be into women." He settled back down on the sun bed and closed his eyes. I waited for a few minutes then I splashed a ton of water over him. The next thing I knew he had dived into the pool and was splashing me back. This is why I love Matty, he could be so deep and serious one minuet then the next he would be joking around like we were still kids.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*A/N: I cant wait for this date! Its gunna be good. I added a pic of Tom Daley AKA Matty. Oh and Alexei totally deserved that punch.

Thanks for reading!

Cross My Heart x