Prologue

"Rise and rise again like the Phoenix from the ashes."- Unknown 

White sheets were draped articulately across my naked porcelain body. A large leg was wrapped around my waist, a muscular arm was hugging my body closer to another. My eyes slowly opened to reveal a room that wasn't my own. My breath was a mixture of Jagermeister and Jack Daniels. Great, drunk, again! I was on the right side of the wrong bed, and I felt like total shite.

I guess it's an occupational hazard for me: everytime I go out on a job I get drunk, then end up sleeping with someone I never wanted to sleep with. Not that I cared, I always had a good time. Sady I couldn't remember last night, including who I was in bed with. I just prayed it wasn't the person I thought it was.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned, remanence of last nights mascara smudged across my hand as I pulled it away from my face. Slightly sitting up I looked at my pillow, which was now tan in colour from why thick layer of foundation. I must have looked like hell. I certainly felt like it.

Patches of light started to shine through the curtains, persuading me to rise from the comfort of the bed. As I tried to get up the arm and leg pulled me back into the covers, pulling me closer and tighter towards the body. My back was now pressed up against a hard slab of muscle. The head that belonged to the body started to nuzzle into the crook of my neck, snuggling against my hair.

"No, Nixie, five more minuets. I want to hold you for five more minuets."

Shit! Not him! Anyone but him! No no no no!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*A/N: Welcome to Out Of The Ashes. I hope we can all rise like a phoenix together and be reborn. 

Thanks for Reading! See you in chapter 1?

Cross My Heart x