Chapter 12 Confession

Chapter 12

I immediately regretted my decision to shouting that at Robin, I covered my mouth and felt my face and ears heat up in embarrassment.  Robin was just as frozen, his whole face was bright red he broke out of it a second later rubbing the back of his head. “So you have um feelings for me?” he asked trying to clarify.

“I...I don’t know where that came from.” my voice was muffled by my hands, He seems more interested in Zatanna so why did I say that! my heart was beating faster and I had butterflies in my stomach. Robin moved my hands down, I blushed harder and pulled my hands out of his turning away.

“But I guess it doesn’t matter you definitely like Zatanna a lot more than me...” I shrugged sadly. I felt a hand touch my shoulder “Luce you got it all wrong,” Robin started “How did I get it all wrong you were both flirting with each other almost during that whole fiasco.” I stopped him from talking. He sighed “Well...” he looked like he didn’t know what else to say. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at him “Well?” I repeated.

“Okay this is the truth...I’ve liked you since the first day you came to the cave. You know when you beat me, Wally and Superboy up.” he smirked, I turned to look at him “This is the truth right you're not lying to me at all?” I wanted to confirm this my heart wouldn’t calm down and the butterflies kept fluttering around only faster now. “No of course not! Why would I lie to you...I actually never thought you would have kissed me on the cheek that night either.” he rubbed the cheek I kissed him on. Okay calm down Lucy, you don’t even know who he is behind the mask yet... I started trying to calm down it wasn’t working.

It was weird I sort of felt the same way whenever Dick Grayson helped me out with school work...I took in a deep breath still trying to rid myself of the butterflies. “So you’ve liked me since I came to the cave...” I trailed off, “Yeah you’re really interesting and talented.” he gave a small smile as he said it.

I nervously started playing with my bangs trying not to look at Robin. He took a step closer “But I really didn’t take you as someone to get jealous.” he said “Me neither...” I trailed off looking at his mask. He’s really close! Why is he so close! my head screamed.

He lightly grabbed my arm and leaned down, then he kissed me on the lips, my eyes widened in surprise my heart felt like it was going to explode. We broke apart a second later, “Che cosa ti ha spinto a farlo?*” I felt like I was stumbling over my own words. “Perché in forma del momento.*” Robin knew Italian? I never knew that. Of course he was the protege of Batman “Do you trust me?” I asked Robin looked at me confused “With what?” he asked.

“Who you really are...” I said “Your secret identity that you keep from everyone.” I added to the first part. He sighed not answering, That’s a no I guess sighing I looked up at him “Look I’m sorry but I don’t want to be with Robin the Boy Wonder...I want to know who you really are.” I explained softly. He nodded in understanding “I don’t feel like I can trust you just yet Luce, and Bats would kill me if I told another person my identity.” I nodded feeling bad for turning him down but at least he understood.

“Lucy I promise I will tell you someday when we both trust each other.” he said sincerely “But first let’s just stay friends” I held my hand out to him, he took it shaking it we both let go of our hands reluctantly. I looked at his mask wishing I could see what his eyes looked like underneath. I mentally hit myself to snap back to reality.

Robin and I parted and Cj must have noticed the ridiculous look on my face “Lucy did something happen?” she asked, I looked at her “Oh uh nothing really.” I shrugged Cj raised her eyebrow at me. We left the cave together and zeta’d to Gotham walking home, Cj opened the door but didn’t head in I almost bumped into her. I moved out from behind her and took a few steps inside Cj following we both heard muffled cries. “Mom?” I asked gulping. We found mom in her room she was holding a letter that was crumpled up and then flattened out again “Juliet what’s wrong?” Cj asked kneeling next to her. I followed worry consuming me “It’s about Al...” Mom started to calm down wiping the tears from her eyes.

My eyes grew wide along with Cj’s “What happened?” I shakily asked, in response Mom handed me the worn paper. I read over it, my heart stopped when I read the last line “You have 2 weeks to save your precious baby brother before we slit his throat...better hurry it up Night Eagle! Maybe ask your new big sister or your teammates for help like that will do anything!” I pushed the tears back and resisted the urge to drop to my knees

I didn’t feel like I could break down at all what I was feeling was a mixture of rage and sorrow wrapped in one. I handed it to Cj, she read it over “How are we gonna find him in 2 weeks?” I asked

“We will, the Shadows won’t be able to lay a hand on Al.” Cj answered “But I haven’t got any leads.” I mumbled “You have the lead that Copycat is the one holding him hostage and I have a few of my own.” she said

I sighed two weeks to save Al or they kill him....