Chapter 4 Death

Chapter 4

I breathed in the scent of salt water; it was just too bad I couldn’t swim thanks to the wound to my arm my mom had to give me stitches. I looked around it was a pretty big beach with no one but us on it near Mount Justice “Hello Megan we should hit the beach every day!” M’gaan was wearing a yellow bikini and holding a kick board. “Yup! We totally should!” Wolfie replied giving M’gaan a thumbs up, she was also in a black bathing suit with navy blue swim trunks on top, Blue barked in agreement.

“First a moment of silence for our absent comrade” Rob said hanging his head slightly and touching his forehead. “Poor Wally,” M’gaan sighed “Oh if only I had cameras in his school.” Wolfie’s eyes gave off a little evil glint.

I shook my head “Too bad huh,” I looked at Wolfie this girl was crazy that’s for sure…after Rob’s little moment of silence he looked over to me “Hey how come you didn’t change?” I looked at my plain white t-shirt and shorts “Because a little mission decided to give me stitches.” I groaned.

“Who cares let’s just go into the water!” Wolfie declared and ran forward into the water, the rest followed in pursuit, I kept my distance only following slightly.

I sat at the edge of the water and watched my teammates, Superboy jumped in causing a huge splash that even hit me. “Dang it Superboy!” I stood up and jokingly shook my fist in anger.  They all laughed “Come on first one to throw Lucy in gets the first hot dog!” Wolfie cried out.

“Oh shit!” I started running my teammates chasing me my loyal dog started barking and playfully growling as the team chased me. Superboy caught me and threw me in I popped my head out of the water. “If my mother kills me for opening my gash I’m blaming you guys.” I warned and walked out of the water now soaking wet.

“Superboy gets the first hotdog!” Rob said,

A little later after Wolfie’s declaration of catch the Lucy and throw her in the water we ate our lunch, as promised Superboy got first pick for throwing me in and because I was the victim I got to pick the second one.

We ate then decided to play volley ball, this was going to be a bit difficult so I played as score keeper and tallied up the points in the sand. “I wish you could play too, I hope your arm gets better.” M’gaan gave me a smile and they split up into teams. The game started and so far Superboy and M’gaan were winning.

That continued for a good hour or so with tie games between each of the teams. “I have an epic idea!” everyone looked at Wolfie, “Let’s cover Superboy in sand!”

We all looked at each other then back to the golden eye girl “That sounds like a good idea.” I replied

Superboy was the only one confused till we started covering his body in sand and patting it down leaving only his feet and head showing. It was turning out to be an awesome day so far Blue wagged her tail happily and carried a piece of drift wood in her mouth giving it to me. I threw it with my good arm and she bolted after it.

“I’ve been wondering what type of dog is Blue?” Wolfie asked as we finished up covering Superboy in a mound of sand.

I shrugged “She’s a major mutt.”

“Really that’s awesome!” Wolfie’s grin and eyes got wider.

We played on the beach for a little while longer then decided to head inside

---

“Recognized Kid Flash B03” Wally ran in carrying beach stuff when we had finished up playing on the beach hours ago.