05| Closer Friends

" Don't let go "

J A S O N

I spent all night trying to crack this stupid code and I couldn't do it. I shut my laptop and ran a hand through my hair obviously frustrated. I picked out a shirt from my closet and threw it on and then some new basketball shorts. I unplugged the drive from my laptop and hid in under my mattress, just incase. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly. I looked at my hair and ruffled it a bit. I was too lazy to take a shower this morning.

A familiar ringtone came from my phone that I instantly recognized as Aphrodite's. I ran over to my phone and picked up. "I knew you couldn't stay away." I smirked and leaned against my door. Savannah was walking upstairs on her phone then she noticed me. She stopped and looked at me, smirking.

"Oh calm down McCann." She giggled and it honestly warmed my heart. "I just wanted to check up on you.. about your sister and all. How are you holding up?" She asked. She cared.

Savannah was now next to me, standing on her tippy toes to hear what's going on.

I shooed her away and she shrugged. She stuck her tongue out at me and walked back to her room.

I cleared my throat and nodded not wanting to think about Spencer anymore. "Yeah, I'm okay now. She's in a safer place." I tried not to talk about it either. I walked downstairs to go get something to eat.

Aphrodite stopped me "Okay, well that's good. I'll shut up and stop talking about her now but wait, before you go eat Captain Crunch maybe we both can go out together. I'll pay." She said.

I stopped in the middle of the stairs and shook my head. "Yeah of course we can go out, no you're not paying but how'd you know I was going to eat Captain Crunch?" I made my way back upstairs to go change into something better.

"Jason, I used to live with you." She laughed a bit, I made an O with my mouth. "Very true, wife material." I smirked. There was a small giggle and soon we both became silent. I decided to break that silence. "So princess where are we meeting?" I asked as I took my shirt off, putting her on speaker.

A P H R O D I T E

I thought for a moment, where could meet? "We could go ice skating. Then maybe to the club afterwards." I bit my lip as I undressed from my shorts and t-shirt. I put on a black loose crop top that stopped right at my belly button. To cover it up I put on a dark red skater skirt. I made sure to wear spandex shorts right under just incase I fell.

I heard Jason shuffling around in his room, probably looking for clean clothes.

"Seems good to me. I'll drop you off home after ice skating because I know how you love to change for every occasion." He said a bit muffled, he was probably somewhere in the back of his room.

I threw on some black pumps and walked around a little. "Of course, a queen always has to look good." I said cockily. I wasn't actually cocky like that, I was just kidding. I never really dressed to impress. I was just insecure on my appearance.

Jason chuckled. "Well my queen, what does the king wear?" I thought about it for a moment. "Nothing, because the king doesn't exist." I smirked and put Jason on speaker as I applied some dark red lipstick. I brushed my hair, leaving it down for once.

"What do you mean there's no king? If there's a queen there surely has to be a king." He seemed confused.

"There doesn't have to be a king just because there is a queen. Just because the word queen usually comes with king that doesn't mean the queen can't survive without him. Matter of fact a queen can be just as successful as a king, she can sit in the throne and slay it the same way. She can rule the people the same way, expect maybe slightly better." I smirked, adding some eyeliner.