Chapter Five

Here we go, I thought as I scurried down the hallway, careful to avoid passing pedestrians on my way to to my locker. It was a busy Wednesday morning, particularly much busier for me than other people, to be frank.

And much more exciting, because game plans had been set and my mission officially began.

I bit my lip to stop myself smiling.

I could still remember the conversation Ethan and I had had last night, the first step to Get-Her-Back. My methods were pretty much bullet proof, and it felt like a medal just thinking of the idea of actually putting the power couple of the century back together. How about that for your History books?

I had tried to explain as best as I could. Especially to a guy like Ethan. For him, all my romantic suggestions would probably whiz right over his Gorgeous Greek God head – that's what I was calling it now – and into nothing. Seriously, some guys were just too dense.

No wonder she broke up with him.

'The plan is to be yourself' I typed. This time I pressed send quicker than I normally did. Ethan replied quickly too.

'I thought the whole idea was to make me a BETTER boyfriend' he texted back.

'Yes. But drastic changes in your behaviour would be odd, and probably wouldn't last. She wouldn't take you seriously for a single second'

'Hey, I'm a good guy' He added a little angel with a halo at the end – then a smirky face.

I rolled my eyes.

'Right.'

'So, what? I just do nothing then? Great idea, Castro'

'No' I shook my head as I typed the word – ignoring the fact he actually got my surname right this time. 'You're meant to act normal, but just change habits and act a little different. Enough for her to notice' I kept typing, getting into the zone. 'Talk to less girls, smile at less people apart from her. Make her feel like she's the only person in the world you've ever really cared about. You don't have to start talking to her straight away, but just smile in her direction and nod at her, let her know you still notice she exists'

'Wow, you sure know how to pull at the heart strings Eva'

'Eve'

'I know' He was playing it a bit too friendly.

'Then get it right next time'

'We'll see'

"Hey Eve," Violet called, walking up to me as I started to rifle through my locker. I smiled and waved in her direction. She did a small wave back and returned my smile as she came to stand next to me, leaning on the lockers.

Today her skirt was purposely frayed at the ends, the loose bits of string dip dyed bright pink. In her hair was a large red rose that was pinned directly to the middle of her pony tail so it looked like her hair was sprouting flowers. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Someone's in a good mood today," she pointed out. How could she tell? It was probably the idiotic grin I had on my face. "By the way, where were you yesterday? I hadn't seen you for practically the entire day. I spent lunch with Sophie and her Scooby Doo Gang." She wrinkled her nose and I sniggered as I pulled out my English books.

"Busy. Plotting. Planning," I put simply. She nodded – Vi was used to this by now. "I was in the library, scheming and all. The usual."

"Stone-henge?" she teased, that familiar Cheshire cat smile on her lips again. I gave her a disapproving look.