Chapter 13: Confused Heart

-Destiny-

Once Kate closes the door, I let go of Sam's hand and sit on the edge of the bed. I listen to the footsteps until I'm sure Kate is nowhere near my room.

"So you used to like her?" I ask Sam who looks at the floor.

"Y-yeah. Freshman year." She answers before looking up at me. "But she didn't really take it well so she outed me to some of her friends and then the whole campus found out." She adds her eyes hardening at the thought. Sam is slowly opening up to me, little by little I'm getting to know the real Samantha Baltimore more than just the flirt that she is. In fact, thinking about it I notice she doesn't flirt with anyone else but me.

"Is it true that you've played with feelings before?" I ask her looking into those stunning bluish-gray eyes. "Or is it some rumor started by your colleagues?"

"What do you think?" Her eyes turn into their usual sensual look as she walks towards me. 'So that's her defense mechanism' I thought to myself as Sam leans in to me, her arms on either side of my body.

"No." I answer her, she looks shock giving me the opportunity to grab her waist and lay her on the bed with me on top of her. "However, I on the other hand, had my fair share of breaking hearts." I nip at her neck hearing her moan and squirm beneath me. "So tell me Samantha, do you really want to be with me?" I look at her and she seems surprised at the turn of events. She touches my cheek with her hand before running her fingers over my hair, her eyes softening as she looks at me.

"I'm not gonna lie, you scare me Destiny. I only ever had a crush on Kate but with you, it's different. Far from just a crush but not yet love. But what scares me the most is even with the possibility of getting my heart broken by you, I wouldn't even mind." She leans up and kisses me on my cheek.

"Sam." She shakes her head at me.

"I know you're scared to love but I wouldn't give up on you Destiny. I'll show you love isn't so scary." She smiles, caressing my cheek once again. I smile at her before laying my head on her chest.

"You're weird." I tell her and feel her chest rumble with her laughter.

"You said that to me before." She murmurs while running her fingers over my hair again. I close my eyes as I listen to her heartbeat and to her singing lowly as we stay in that position.

When I wake up, I notice we're not in the position I fell asleep on but I'm being cuddled by Sam at the head of the bed. She might have fallen asleep as well as I turn around to see her sleeping face, so serene, so peaceful. She stirs before I'm met with bluish-gray orbs, sparkling as she smiles at me.

"You're not as light as I thought you are." She tells me making me laugh.

"What? You think just because I have a thin body I'm light?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Yes yes...my bad for thinking that." She grins. My stomach suddenly flutters with some new emotion I've never had before. I move to get up only for Sam to pull me back to her. "Can we stay like this for just a little while? I like the feeling." She whispers to me and all I could do is stay in my place because who am I kidding? I love it as well.

-Sam-

I close the door to the empty house, dropping my keys on the bowl while flipping through the mail before dropping them on the kitchen counter and opening the fridge to take out a bottled water. When I close the door, I see mom's note and take it.

Was called to do a shoot in Chicago. Be back some time next week. Money is in the living room. -Mom

I crumple the note and throw it in the trash on my way to the living room. As promised there's money on the coffee table. I put my water on top and before I could take a seat on the couch, someone rings the door bell making me groan as I walk to the door. I open it to see Kate standing on the other side and without even inviting her in, she walks past me.

"Oh please do come in and make yourself at home." I say sarcastically as I close the door and raise an eyebrow at her. "Have you really forgotten about manners Kate?"

"Look I'll cut to the chase. I'm asking you to stay away from Destiny." She tells me, her arms cross over her chest as she tries to look intimidating. I roll my eyes at her as I cross my arms over my chest as well. "You're not good for her and you know it. You'll just end up breaking her heart." I jokingly put my hand over my heart.

"Oh please Kate, stop acting like you know me at all." I say to her and she glares at me. "What is this all about?"

"I don't want her to be one of your play things." She argues.

"Kate, you and I both know I'm not the player here. I only ever liked one person before Destiny and you know who that is." I tell her and she seems to deflate. She tries to argue back but no words came out of her mouth and that's when it hit me. She likes Destiny more than just she wants to admit. "You like her don't you?" Her silence is enough of an answer. "Well guess what? I like her more than I ever liked you." I open the door for her. She glares at me as she walks out of the door before I shut it close.