➳ She's awake

○ Ⓢⓞⓒⓒⓔⓡ ○ Ⓠⓤⓔⓔⓝ ○

After the rough times in Kingsview Boarding School; like the kidnapping, meeting Tiffany and Jake again, and the psychopathic Ryan Fernando, I finally felt relaxed. Everything in my life seemed to be going quite smoothly. There was no drama, and nothing disturbing the peace.

That is before the phone call.

During my stay at Kingsview, I had totally forgotten about my brother. I really did miss him to bits, but I didn't want him to know about joining the boys soccer team. Because during the phone call, he would eventually ask me about the soccer team, and I hated lying. If he found out, I feel like he would personally come here and haul me away. Though he was a player, my brother was quite overprotective of me. Since, he didn't want me to encounter guys like him, which was quite hypocritical.

Trust me, his first encounter with Jake after he found out we were dating wasn't good. Thankfully, my lovely brother graduated high school and is in University so he wasn't there to protect me for a year.

I got the call while I was doing homework in my room. Which was thankful, since it wasn't while I was with people. I hated answering calls while I was with a group of friends.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Bella?"

"Yeah what - " I was about to say something but I was interrupted by Travis.

His voice came out angry and his tone portrayed disbelief, "I cannot believe you. How could you have not called your brother in the last two months! Are you sick in the mind, how can you not contact family!"

I rolled my eyes, he was being so over dramatic. Well, he was Travis Salvatore, the biggest fucking dork. In other eyes, he may be the previous hot captain of the Kingsview Soccer team and new member of his universities team, however they haven't seen the real side of him. At home, he was just a bum and a loser.

"You didn't call me either."

He seemed lost for words, then he began speaking again. "I was waiting for you to call me and I called right now, thank you very much."

"You are such a pussy."

"Profanity you little bitch," he sneered. I knew he was joking though, it was me and Travis's thing, calling each other names. Some siblings hit each other, me and my brother, we swore at each other.

"So how's university?" I asked him, you could hear the silence on the other side of the line, indicating that he was thinking.

"Well, the parties are nice and the hot chicks, damn," he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes, my brother was the weirdest manwhore I knew. "Like at a party, I did body shots with this really hot brunette and then we - "

I cut him off, "I don't need to know Travis." He chuckled in response, me and Travis would always talk about our lives and parties. However, at times Travis would cross over the line and talk about things I didn't want to know. I mean, he was my brother, ew.

"But anyways," his tone suddenly became really serious. I gulped, my brother was rarely serious. "Sis, I have to tell you something."

"What?" I breathed, it couldn't be so bad or I hoped.

"Heather's awake," he said in a shaky voice.

I shook my head in disbelief, I couldn't believe it. Heather couldn't possibly be awake from her coma. I knew I should be happy, hell I was somewhat, but I felt so guilty. She wasted her time asleep and some of it was my fault.

You're the reason she died. If you didn't talk to her then this would have never happened.

Tiffany's voice began to whisper in my brain, repeating the phrase over and over again. Just like the night of the party. I was on the verge of crying, breaking down, and screaming.