Finger eater

"No, no way in hell will I help him."  I hiss emphasizing the word him while throwing my hands out motioning towards his direction.
   "Don't think about it as helping him. Think of it as helping them." Mr. Nobody tried to reason.
   "Let me get this straight. You want me to help my cousin who I thought was dead for years, the man I hate most in the world, someone who lied to me from the moment I met him, and 2 others I have never met."
   "No." Derek stated
   "We want you to help your cousin who you love dearly through life and death, a man who gave you some of the best memories of your life, someone who risked his job to ensure your freedom, and people you are dying to meet because if those three love them than so will you." I knew he was right so I didn't reply just sighing deeply before staring down at my dusty old vans.
   "I'm not getting any younger." I snapped to the 2 men that stood before me. Smirking in satisfaction Derek gave me a smug look before turning on his heel and following Mr.Nobody out of the door. I didn't follow after them both. Instead my feet were glued to floor while my eyes were glued to him. I knew he couldn't see me as the window was tinted from the outside but even that knowledge couldn't stop the goose bumps from rising along my arms.
   "You coming?" Derek asked once he had realized that I wasn't following. Taking a deep breath I tore my gaze away from his figure and followed Derek out the door. Mr.Nobody I had noticed, was already in front of the group and I saw his mouth moving although I couldn't hear what he was saying. Derek had reached the bottom step and I 2 behind when I could finally hear the conversation going on in front of me.
   "And now your teams complete." Mr.Nobody spoke. Everyone's eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion even mine until I realized that he was talking about me.
   "Didn't he say that last time?" A large bald black man asked, more to himself than anybody else. Letty was the first to notice me having been smart enough to follow Mr.Nobody's gaze.  Her face brightened, ecstatic to have seen me, or at least that's what I thought. I watched as her hand subconsciously reached out and squeezed his arm. Confused he turned along with everyone else only to come face to face with me and Derek.
   "No offense but, who the hell are you ?" The same man from before asked. I paid no attention to him though keeping my eyes locked with his. I watched as slowly all the color faded from his face as if just seeing me had drained him of his energy.
   "Hello, Dom."
*************************************
   "So let me get this straight she's your cousin?" He pauses to point from me to Letty.
   "She's your ex-girlfriend. Like THE ex-girlfriend?" Once again pauses before pointing at me than this time to Dom.
   "And you, you pretended to be her best friend to gain their trust and get an in into the team?" Again pointing at me then Brian. To all of his questions or rather statements each person had answered with a quick nod of their heads. I on the other hand kept still with my gaze locked on the wall ahead of me. Roman opened his mouth to what I'm assuming was to yet again ask a question and point at me than someone else.
   "If you point that finger at me one more time I will cut it off and make you eat it for dinner." I growled cutting him off. I watched as his eyes widened in fear for a fraction of a second before relaxing back into to their regular state trying to play it off as though my threat hadn't scared the shit out of him.
   "I can see how the four of you were so close." He grumbled out. Clenching my jaw I kept my gaze locked on the wall in front of me. The tension in the room was thick. I could feel 5 pairs of eyes watching waiting for me to show some sort of reaction but I kept my face blank refusing to give them what they wanted.
   "So can someone explain why I'm here." I ask trying to change the subject.
   "You already know the answer to that." A chirpy voice calls from behind me. I don't even have to turn to know that it was Carson who had spoken.
   "No. I mean what is it exactly I'm helping you do?"
   "Now. That's why I'm here." Mr.Nobody says inching forward from the doorway were he stood. Stripping off the jacket of his suit he rests it on an Empty chair towards the back of the the room.  walking back to the front he slowly began to roll up the cuffs of his button up. Moving to stand in front of us all he pulls a remote out of his pocket and presses the on buttons and images of the team began to flash up on the screen. When I saw a picture of Brian Dom and I you could say that I was little stunned but than I remember each of us had a copy and Brian had probably turned his in as evidence  for police. The picture was taken before we realized Brian was a narc. In the photo I was standing in between the boys. Both had an arm around my shoulder and my arm around their waist. It was clear that I had been completely wasted in that photo smiling so big that the single dimple in my left cheek looked like a crater. Brian was slightly hunched over laughing hysterically while Dom stands straight with nothing but a twinkle in his eye and a small smile on his face. He wasn't looking at the camera though instead his gaze had been locked on me. I let a small smile creep onto my face. I might have been wasted that night but I remember it as though it was yesterday. I would be lying if I said I hadn't kept my copy because buried deep down in one of the boxes I never bothered to unpack laid  a photo exactly the same as the one on the screen before me.