Chapter 3

Sofia ran a hand through her hair, a little disgusted as it seemed to be getting oily. She was used to having a bath every night but it seemed like it was getting oily quickly. Maybe it was because she was around all the dirt and grease of the ship and pirates. Either way, she didn't like it. Her beautiful blue dress was now stained with dirt and ragged at the edge.

Sofia sat in Arthur's chair behind his desk, watching the sleeping captain in his bed. There wasn't much to watch anyways. She was stuck in here anyways. Not that she minded. It was always better than being out with the men Arthur called his crew.

The crew was absolutely terrible to her. They had ordered her to stay in the captain's quarters and watch him until he woke up. Even then they didn't trust her. Every once in a while, a crew member would come in and check on them. It was absolutely ridiculous. One of the men tried to touch her, but she nearly bit his fingers off.

Around dinner time, Arthur finally stirred. He groaned and lifted an arm over his eyes. Sofia payed no mind, since he moved in his sleep a lot. "God damn it," he groaned. He moved his feet over the side of the bed and sat up slowly.

Sofia glanced up. "Captain?" she asked softly.

Arthur whipped his head to the side and glared at her. "Git out of me chair," he growled lowly.

"Huh?" the princess murmured, sitting up a little.

He stood and stormed over to her about to push her out of the chair. Sofia yelped and quickly scrambled out of the chair, landing with a soft thump on the ground. Arthur sat down in said chair, getting out a bottle of rum and putting his feet on the desk. He gulped down some of the rum and closed his eyes.

"Captain...you just got up. Maybe you shouldn't--," Sofia started to say.

"Shut up," the captain commanded. He opened an eye and glanced at her, closing it again and gulping down the rest of the rum.

"I was just saying you shouldn't drink--"

"And Ah said SHUT UP," he shouted, turning to glare at her.

Sofia flinched, moving back. She turned her gaze to the ground sadly. She wanted to apologize but didn't want to anger him again by speaking. Sofia was just trying to help. It would be better if he just sat for a while. He's rushing himself. She didn't want him to pass out on her again. Not only did she not want to babysit him any longer, it probably wasn't good for his health. But either way, he didn’t seem like her was much of a morning person.

A man came in looking at the empty bed, then at Arthur sitting in his chair.

"What do ye want, Francis?" Arthur asked, opening an eye to look at the man briefly.

The man, Francis, stepped forward and said, "Checking up on you, sir."

Captain Kirkland lazily rolled his head to the side. "Unnecessary."