Chapter Four

Outside of my hotel room, we stop and in the florescent lights of harsh reality, you lean against the wall. You don't say a word but appraise me and my nervousness; it's as if you are evaluating my every breath. You sigh and shake your head before pushing off the wall and coming closer to me. Taking the plastic key card out of my hand you bring your lips to mine and kiss me so softly it's like the air between us sighs, making me ache for more.

You back away, the desire in your eyes transforming your face so that your eyes are black pools of lust, the surface undisturbed by the depth of your need. I see a ripple as I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding. Your lashes lower and you turn away toward the door.

I step behind you as I hear the familiar click of the electronic lock releasing and I run my hands up your back. The leather of your jacket is wet but I can feel the warmth of your body beneath it. With my hands on your shoulders, we step inside.

The door closes heavily behind me and you turn around, your eyes flashing in the black room. I reach to turn the light on but you stop me, your hand tight around my wrist. You step closer, spanning the distance between us in one step but you continue, forcing me back against the door. As my back flattens against the wood behind me, you bend at the knees, your lust-filled eyes look directly into my soul.

The dark room flashes white from the lightning joining the storm outside, the chaos of the atmosphere intensifies the electricity of our union.

"Dave"

"Shut up, Tina." Your voice is low, filled with lust and regret. I've done this to you; I've brought you to this place, so low and desperate. You don't move. My pulse is racing as I tremble. You haven't even touched me yet and I am melting into my desire for you.

Before I combust from confusion and need, I lunge for you, slamming my lips against yours and wrapping my arms around your neck. I don't ask why and I don't wonder who I am, I just do - I take, I feel. For once I feel.

Having broken the wall between us, I push against you and demand your love. Like the sun peeking out from behind the clouds, you open to me and fill me with your light. Your lips open and the taste of you makes me dizzy. I am intoxicated on possibilities.

Your hands reach out to me, your palms against my sides turning me and pushing me back into the hotel room. I walk backwards unsteadily, trusting you to lead me to safety. The heavens outside part and a deluge of water falls upon the city; the sky weeps as my soul opens to you.

I push you away slightly and I hear the growl in the back of your throat at the possibility that I am rejecting you. You don't trust me, you have no reason to. I slide my hands under your jacket and up your shoulders, pushing it off of your strong arms. I allow my hands to roam, softly tracing the lines of your neck and shoulders, feeling the reflexive tightening of your biceps as I run my nails along them.

Your jacket falls to the ground and I lean into you, pressing my chest against you, feeling the strength of your body against me.

Your hands come around my waist, pulling me closer and up on my toes; your lips descend to mine and entice me with their perfection. I kiss you and slowly we open our mouths, tasting the familiar flavor of each other. I sigh, relaxing into the inevitability of us. The shape of your body blends into mine and I feel your chest and hips against me.

Pulling away from me you push my shirt up, your eyes heavy as you reveal my skin. The fabric is soft against me and your hands never touch my flesh. I raise my hands as you undress me slowly.

If I could wish one thing tonight, it would be for the sun to never rise. If there was a God who answers one prayer, it would be to leave me free to love you. It's too late to think about the consequences or the things I should feel. I should feel regret, but instead I'm safe in your arms. In just a few hours reality will surround me but for now, I lose myself in the sound of the rain and the feel of your lips.