Chapter 3

The Soccer Player

Chapter 3

“A perv?” She burst out laughing. I shoved myself up with valor. 

“Yes.” I stated. “Eww!" 

She was rolling on the ground laughing. “BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!” She cried. The boy shot her a glare. 

“Love ya to sis.” The boy said.

“Jack, you gotta admit it was pretty funny.” Jack glared at her, but I could see a sparkle in his eyes. 

“Who are you people?”

“We’re twins.” The girl said at the same as the boy said “Brothers.”

The girl smacked him and held out the offender for me to shake. 

“That explains it.” I said.

“Explains what?” they asked at the same time.

“Why you look like a girl.” I pointed at Jack. The girl cracked up.

“I’m Jaylin. No on can pronounce my last name, so I’ll skip that. ”I shook her hand. 

Jaylin rolled her eyes. “Where do you go next?”

“Mr. Latham, European history.” Jaylin pumped a fist in the air and whispered loudly “Yes!”

Jack groaned. “Dang it....” He whimpered. We looked at him questioningly,

“I have Mrs. Dinklemater.”

“Sucker!” I said joyfully. “At least I don’t have him.....” I muttered.

Jaylin’s head snapped up and she looked around. “Don’t we have somewhere to be?” She asked me. 

“Oh crap!” I pulled her arm and we hurried away to Mr. Latham’s.

***

“-So guess what I heard!”

“-Ugh she is so ugly!”

“-Basketball tryouts tomorrow!”

“-What is this meat? It looks like......”

I walked through the cafeteria. I hope Jaylin can find it. I thought. Needless to say, it would be bad if Jaylin couldn’t find the lunch room. I shrugged and went to the lunch line. {AN, I am not actually IN college, so I have no idea what it’s like. Just go with this.....thanks!}

Just after I punched in my lunch code, and was just walking back to my loner table, Jaylin and Jack walked in.

The cafeteria fell silent. Jaylin’s hair looked like it was fanned back. Her freckles seemed to be yelling “Hello! Am I not awesome?!” While Jack shot all the women wonderful smiles. 

“EVERYONE!” I shouted. “THEY ARE NOT A MOVIE! PLEASE GO BACK TO EATING!” Jack glared at me while Jaylin laughed. I caught Rachel’s eyes and threw her a wink. I held up my chocolate milk and raised my eyebrows. 

“Hey.” Jack said.

Jaylin looked skeptical. She stared at me for a second.

“What’s your name again?” She asked.

“You didn’t hear it on the roll call for Latham?”

“Obviously not genius.”

“Then I’m not gonna tell you.”

She and Jack pulled the puppy eyes card. “Pleaseeeee.” They whined.

“Go get your food you doofuses.” They scowled but complied. 

They went through the food line. Jaylin got a blue jello, a hot dog, a bag barbecue chips, and chocolate milk,. The exact same meal as me. Jack got the same things as Jaylin.

“We got the same thing!” I said joyfully. 

“Seriously what’s your name? I’m so sorry if you told me and I forgot, but I really want to know!” Jaylin pleaded.

I groaned. “Fine. If you really want to know....” 

“YES!” in unison.

“....”

“Hey!” I giggled.

“It’s Cassilyn.” 

“Aww, it’s such a pretty name!” Jaylin cooed. Jack coughed.

“HiCassilyncanIsitwithyou?” A voice said from behind me.

I turned around. Unfortunately, my long hair got in the face of the speaker. She choked. 

“Crap!” I said. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” then she brightened up. “Can I sit with you?” 

“If you want to.” Allea plopped down between Jack and Jaylin who were in front of me. Now there was too many on that side. A bench only sat two pepople. Jack got up and sat next to me. He wiggled his eyebrows. 

“Allea, this is Jaylin.” I gestured at Jaylin. She looked around and noticed a few heads turned our way. “Go back to your own business!” She yelled at them. They shrank in their seats.

I smirked. “And this is Jack the Ripper.” I pointed my index finger at Jack.  

He protested. “He’s called that because he breaks girls hearts.” Jaylin nodded and smiled.

“I’m mostly quiet, but I may speak my mind every once in a while.” Allea acknowledged. 

I raised a timid hand. “Me too.” I admitted.

Jaylin snorted. “Pssh, you should see me at my family. You think I’m loud here?”

“Yes.” The silent trio teased.

“Hey! But I can barely get a word in at home. Right Jack?” Jack shrugged.

“For it being so hard to talk at home, you seem to do it alot.”

“Well darn you to.” She sulked.

“Guys we gotta go.” I looked at the imaginary watch on my left wrist. “Three minutes left, and I have Mrs. Oleson next class.” Allea and I shared a shudder.

“My schedule says I have her next too.” Jack noted. “What’s so bad about her?” I cocked my head to the side.

“Would you like to hear the poem that strikes fear into your heart, or the description?” Jack contemplated this for a moment. 

“Poem, I guess.”

My eyes sparkled dangerously. I saw Jack rethink his decision. 

“She has the beak of a hawk. In her class you can not talk. Her watchful eye, whip in hand, if disobey, your punishment grand. Her gray hair spiked up like  thousand spikes, her person in general, even the teachers don’t like.” I finished. Jack and Jaylin’s eyes went wide.

“Seriously?” Jaylin asked.

“Seriously.” Allea confirmed.

“What have we gotten ourselves into?” They whined.

“Deep crap.” I answered sarcastically. “Are you guys ready?”

“Will we ever be?”

“Probably not.”

“Then here we go anyway.” I chuckled darkly.

The bell rang. Jaylin whimpered. “I’ve never been so afraid in my life.” 

“You have a right to be.” With that, we got up and put our lunch trays away.

******************

I am so sorry. We had no wifi at our vacation cabin, and it took me forever to write this. Well, half an hour. I’m a pretty fast typer.

Did anyone like the poem? =) I made it up myself........

=1)

Song of the chapter- All of Creation by MercyMe

luv ya all

xoxo

amesco