Chapter 13

Stiles couldn't wipe that stupid grin off his face during the drive home. His face was stupid. Derek hated the way it made him melt. Derek hated the way Stiles made him melt.

He's known Stiles for a year or so, but he's only been legitimately talking to him for a few days and the kid has already made him into goop. He kept telling himself that it was just because they found out about the soulmate thing, but it wasn't.

Stiles is interesting. Stiles was beautiful. Stiles was talented and smart and quick and he could talk forever about anything and he was just so uniquely himself. Everything he did was endearing.

He pulled up to the house and cut off the engine. The jeep and Jackson's Porsche were both there meaning the others had gotten home from the mall.

As the two of them got out of the car, Erica ran out the front door. She went straight for Stiles, basically jumping into his arms.

"I missed you, Batman. You were gone for hours." she said into his chest.

Her sudden affection startled him, but he hugged back after a second. "I'm sorry, we lost track of time."

"Making out?"

"I- Wh- No." he stuttered.

"I can smell it on you, dweeb." she said pulling back. As she let go, Jackson walked toward them. He stood in front of Stiles for a second, looking almost like he was considering something, before he wrapped his arms tightly around him.

"You weren't answering your phone." Jackson told him. Stiles rubbed his back.

"We're sorry," Derek said, stepping closer to the two boys. Jackson turned to him, wrapping him in the same hug he had given Stiles. Derek looked surprised for a moment before he returned the hug.

The rest of the pack had also come outside and all at once started scolding the pair.

"Something could have been wrong -"

"We didn't even know where you were - "

"You two scared the shit out of me - "

Stiles and Derek looked at one another. Derek smiled, "It's a Alpha Pair thing." he shrugged.

"Who wants some rice crispy treats?" Stiles asked the rambling group.

"Ooo! I do!" Isaac said loudly, making the rest pipe in all at once again.

"Alright then, inside." Stiles said, ushering them toward the door.

Stiles and Derek were the last in. "You know how when you're little you hide behind your mom's legs whenever you meet someone new?" Derek asked him. Stiles nodded. "It's because you felt safe with her, and it's the same concept with the Pack. They feel safe with us, so they want us to be safe which basically makes them overbearing but well-meaning parents."

Stiles chuckled. "That's really adorable, actually."

"It'll get annoying, trust me." Derek laughed. Stiles bumped their shoulders.

*

Stiles had barley put the plate on the table before all of the rice crispy treats were gone. Derek held half of his out to him, but he declined. He had already ate about seven while he was making them.

"Are you staying over again?" Derek asked him.

Stiles shook his head. "School tomorrow." he said. He opened his phone, looking at the time. "I should probably be getting home, actually."

Derek pouted, but nodded in agreement. Stiles could almost feel the other mans blush radiating off his cheeks. "Text me, or, like, whatever."

Stiles chuckled. "Alright dweeb." he turned to the rest of the Pack, who were staring at the two of them. "Anyone need a ride?" he asked, ignoring Erica dramatically wiggling her eyebrows.

"We do, actually," Erica said, patting Boyd on the shoulder. She pushed up from the couch and walked to her room, Boyd following closely behind.

Stiles turned to Derek as Erica and Boyd walked back into the main room. "I'll see you tomorrow after school, yeah?"

"Of course." he replied, rubbing his sweaty palms together. He looked briefly at the Pack and then back at Stiles. He leaned forward, pecking him on the lips.

Allison squawked, loudly, which turned into a laugh.

Scott fell, landing on the board game that Jackson and Stiles had left out from the night before. "Jeezus, fucking - " he grumbled.

Isaac squealed, slapping Jackson's shoulder and Lydia looked at them with a sly smile.

"See you." Stiles said again, gesturing for Erica and Boyd to follow him out the door. When they got in the car, Erica in shotgun of course, she started hitting his shoulder. "Ow - what th -OW."

"Sorry, sorry. I've been waiting for you two to kiss forever, oh my goodness." she said, taking deep breaths.

"Alright, weirdo." he dropped the two of them off at Erica's house, wondering if they ever left each other's sides. He wondered if he and Derek would end up like that.

He smiled to himself as he drove, when a sudden sharp pain hit him in the head. He screamed in pain, swerving his car.

***

Hehehe cliff hanger

Sorry for not posting, school's a bitch and all those excuses