Chapter 17: Finally

It didn't take long for me to sprint back towards their hotel room, but I paused outside the door, listening to their voices. Luke was crying, that much I could tell.

"I shouldn't have said anything," he said, sniffling.

"She's always gonna go after him, mate, he's her brother." Louis said to him. "I've known her for years. She's never really had a lot of friends because of how shy she is, and it's all new to her. But her family's always been there."

"Maybe she's just not the right one for you, mate," Calum said softly.

After almost two months of touring, Luke finally cracked from all the hurt and confusion I'd given him. Until that day, I'd never actually seen Luke cry, though I'd gotten close a few times. Knocking softly on the already open door, my eyes met Luke's, and he quickly wiped his eyes.

"Luke, can I talk to you?" I asked. "Out... out here?"

"Yeah," he said, getting up from his spot on the ground and following me into the hallway. "I'm here, what's going on?" he asked, worriedly. "Please don't say we can't be friends anymore because I don't think I could take that. I'm sorry I like you, Julie, but I do. I really do," he babbled, and I stepped closer and kissed him, cutting him off.

"Does that show you that me not wanting to be your friend anymore is in no way a possibility?" I asked him with a small smile.

"Harry's definitely going to kill me now," he muttered, and I shook my head.

"He said yes, Luke. I want to be with you. Now I can... if you let me," I said.

"Juliette Anne Styles, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, a he smile lighting up his face.

"Yes, but only if you stop calling me Juliette." I said, and his smile grew as he kissed me again. "Looks like the Juke shippers will be so happy."

"I don't want to keep you a secret from them." he said, "Can we tell them?"

"Do a Twitcam," Ashton said suddenly, and we both turned to see them all watching us from the doorway with smiles on their faces.

"But first we need a shirt press," Cal said, "so we can all wear Juke shirts."

"I have transfer paper and plain white shirts. I'm sure we can find Juke stuff on Tumblr that we can just print off and iron on." I suggested.

The shirts weren't hard to make, and they definitely didn't take long. They were going to wear them on stage during their set tonight and the Twitcam would be afterwards, while One Direction would be on stage. Harry seemed genuinely happy and apologized to Luke for everything. Finally, everything seemed to be falling into place, and I couldn't be any happier.

"How's my hair?" Luke asked right before they were set to go on stage.

"It looks perfectly manly," I said, admiring his quiff.

"And how's my shirt look?" he asked then.

"It looks about the same as mine," I said with a smile, pushing him towards the stage. "Now go kick butt and I'll see you afterwards."

As soon as the guys walked on stage, the big screen focused on Luke first, so everybody could see what his shirt said. A few fans noticed it at first, and eventually the screens intensified, and most of the crowd started chanting the word Juke over and over.

Luke was absolutely beaming. He was so happy that everyone there was supporting us with this. And, after the show, he came sprinting off the stage, pulling me into a tight hug and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"How'd I do?" he asked.

"You did amazing," I told him.

"Alright people, we've got a Twitcam to do," Ashton said, setting up his laptop.

"Eh, we're late for all of them anyways, what's a few more minutes?"  Calum asked.

"Touche," he said without looking up from the computer. "Okay three... two... one... hi guys," he said as soon as everything was set up and we had gone live.

Already, people had taken note of the shirts, and word had spread throughout the fandom, as all the tweets coming up on the screen were about me and Luke. Luke had his arm around me tight as we sat next to each other on the couch, in between the rest of the guys.

"So, we've got two people who have some very important news for you guys," Michael said, looking away from the camera and towards me and Luke.

"We're dating!" Luke said I yelled, pointing down at our shirts.

"Juke is real!" Calum yelled.

I leaned forward to look at the computer screen to see what all the tweets were saying. Most were happy about me and Luke, others talking about different things related to them, and a few wanted to know where they could get their hands on Juke shirts like ours.

KatyClifford99: OMG JUKE IS REAL I TOLD ALL OF YOU

HoodsBabe9696: Michael say hi if you see this!

AmyIrwin97: THOSE SHIRTS I WANT ONE WHERE CAN I GET ONE

"What do you say, fellas?" Calum asked us. "Should we add these Juke shirts to our merch store?"

"Fine by me," Luke said. "But I just want to thank everyone. For being so supportive on this. I really like this loser sitting next to me, and I'm glad you guys like her too." he said, his eyes never leaving mine.

"And I really like this dork that's invading my personal space," I said, looking back at him.

"Oh just kiss already, you guys are making me sick." Ashton said, fake gagging.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Luke said with a giggle before giving me a quick peck on the lips. I instantly turned bright red as soon as he pulled away, and ducked down to hide my face.

This was so weird. Luke and I had been on such a rollercoaster, and this summer was only halfway over. I was dating the boy I was completely head over heels with, and I couldn't be happier.

But nothing stays as it is for long.