3: It's Just Business

­­­­­­­­­­­

Too Afraid To Love You - The Black Keys

New Character image above

_________________________________________________________________

Smiling as Cal kissed my cheek I said, "That sounds more romantic than it is. Alas, I'm not that lucky. How are you Cal, it's been a few months."

Dragging my eyes away from Christian's, I looked at Callum - really looked at him. He looked healthy and happy which to be honest wasn't any different to how he usually looked anyway. His curly locks were tied into a neat knot at the back of his head, his skin on the little pale side which the heat and sun will be sure to change in less than two days, and his dark chocolaty eyes as soulful as ever.

I absolutely adored him, I don't think we could get on any better than we do now. He has such a similar soul to mine so much so, I really did start to think that maybe somewhere along our ancestry we were related. But sadly no, only wishful thinking. It wouldn't have been all that surprising considering he was over two hundred years old - the exact year to be announced. He still refuses to tell me.

"I'm great thank you." Callum smirked giving my shoulder a light squeeze. "How're you? How's work? Or should I be asking Christian these questions. How is she, Chris? Is she digging your grave in the catacombs beneath the pyramids?"

Christian somewhat amused but to be honest not really, shook his head. "I'm sure she's fine. And I'm not so sure about the grave but I wouldn't be all that surprised if you're right. I'm definitely not okay with being mummified, Chels. Just a preference of mine."

I decided to ignore his sarcasm. "Noted. Anyway, don't you have business to be tending to?"

Kate sat down on the couch opposite us and chuckled. "Business?"

"Oh, he has work related reasons for coming to Cairo... actually you haven't even mentioned what it is to me. Why is it you're here again?"

"I have meetings with potential trading partner's tomorrow afternoon."

"Is that so?" I challenged. "How long are you here for?"

"As long as I need to be." He said with a disgruntled frown. "Speaking of which, I have dinner plans. Look after them, Callum."

Silencing Cal with a look before he could answer, I returned with, "We'll be fine."

The look on his face, a look I was familiar with, was as if he wanted to string me up and tell me the many ways he could turn fine into hellfire on earth but instead he whistled ahis way out my front door as if that emotion had never graced that stony face of his.

And as soon as I knew he was out of earshot I turned to Kate. "Tell me you know what he's doing here."

"There's one thing Christian has always been good at and that's evading my visions and for some reason this time he's doing just that. I really don't know, I'm sorry."

"Dammit, he's hiding something." I groaned. "You know what he said to me? He said I needed to think about blending in? Blending in! What the heck kind of thing is that to say?"

"Maybe you stick out like a sore thumb and he's just trying to make you feel a little more settled- ow. I'm only throwing out ideas. Where shall I unpack if you're going to be this aggressive?"

"The spare bed's in my room on your left." Kate pointed. "What if Cal's right? Maybe it's something that easy."

"Or what if it's worse?" I sighed. "What if that idiot's gotten himself into some sort of trouble?"