9. Can It Be...

"Be safe." He said before quickly kissing me then pulling away. I nodded and Jack put his hand on the door, his body stable and calm. I locked eyes with him for a few seconds before locking eyes with Dark.

"See you guys on the other side." They nodded, right before Jack threw the door open.

———————————————————————————————————————

I let the arrow loose as a zombie fell in. Jack launched over the dead carcass and ran out, Dark following instantly behind him. Mark casted me a short glance before bounding out and I raced after, the backdoor shattering open as I did so. Grabbing the handle of the door I slammed it close, crushing the zombie in it.

"RUN!" Jack shouted, and I spun around racing after everyone else. Jack had already reached the tree line before stumbling back. I felt sick to my stomach again as I ran up beside Mark and Dark, body trembling. Jack raced back to us, panting.

"They're everywhere! Fooking hell!" He snapped, and I took a deep breath.

"Come on! We can pave a path to the forest and loose them there!" I shouted, and I spun around, slamming an arrow into the eye of a zombie. The zombie fell and I ripped the arrow back out, letting it loose into another zombie's face.

"But we all can't focus on one side! There are too many!" Mark shouted, and my heart echoed his words. No one responded and my thoughts race for an answer as I kept letting loose arrow after arrow. Slowly, ever so slowly I was able to piece together a plan. I thought it through twice. No one would like what I was about to say.

Especially not Mark.

"I think I have something! Jack, you start hacking your way to the forest. Dark follow after him, Mark follow Dark, and I'll try to take up the rear! If we create a line we should be able to have them surround us, so instead of being in a circle where more can get us we're in a straight line." I said, and I instantly heard Mark let out a growl.

"You're not staying behind (Y/n)! I know what that try to take up the rear was! You're coming with!" Mark shouted, and Jack started speaking as soon as he was done.

"I can't do it! There's too many (Y/n)!" As he was speaking I could hear us being pushed closer together, shoulder to shoulder.

"They didn't find us on their own... someone led them here." I suddenly said, looking around at all the zombies before pulling out my machete, swinging out with it and my bow.

"Who?!"

"Wade! He had this planned out! Damn that sleezy devil! He planned out everything!!" Jack cursed, and I swallowed my tears.

"Guys!" I cried out, feeling the sobs bubble up in my chest.

"Yes?"

"What?"

"Eh!" I slammed my machete into another zombie, scooting them back slightly.

"I love all you guys- even though I barely know two of you! Thank you Dark! For helping me! A-and Jack! For your jacket!" Mark started cursing.

"We're not gonna die (Y/n)!" Mark shouted, and I let a small laugh bubble out of my lips, tears blurring my vision.

"Mark! I love you! So so much! I had been hoping that this would've ended! And that we would've gotten married! Maybe have a child or two! You know! The girly dreams." I choked out, and the others were silent as we hacked away at the zombies.

"You know! I wanted those too. I wanted to buy you a very elegant ring, and give you a home like no other! I wanted to raise a child or two! Maybe three! Protect my baby girl from her boyfriends." Mark responded, and by now I was crying so hard that I could barely fight.

"Can't we still get that?" Jack shouted, and I laughed, focusing an arrow and letting it fly.

"You sure can Shamrock. Dark, Shamrock. I have a plan to get you two out. Do you trust me?"

"No-"

"We can't just-"

"Do you trust me!" You screamed, letting another arrow go. You had three arrows left, perfect.

"Yes."

"Yes." They both said sullenly.

"Good. Mark! Please tell me you have your bag on you." There was a grunt and I heard him slam his machete into a zombie's head, the sound of decayed bones crushing.

"Yes." I nodded and my eyes darted around.

"You three protect me real quick, I need to dig around in his bag." I slipped back into the three, and they instantly formed a protective triangle around me, hacking and slashing like there was no tomorrow. I put the bow in my mouth and quickly dug through his bag.

Every second counts.

My fingers brushed up against the plastic/metal object and I ripped it out of the bag, smiling proudly.

"Alright! You two ready!" I asked, pulling out the pin but keeping the handle pressed down. My bow was transferred to my left hand.

"Yes. And (Y/n)?" Jack said.

"Eh?"

"If i survive this apocalypse, I'm gonna build a game in your memory, a monument, anything I can get ma hands on!" Jack said and the tears renewed themselves.

"O-Of course." I choked out, wiping my eyes with my left hand.

"Hey! Don't forget me." Dark said, and I let out a small sob. He took it as a sign to speak.

"Don't doubt Mark, okay? He truly does love you... I can see why. You're smart and amazing, and strong not to mention. Will you keep an eye over me, and over Jack?" I was pretty sure I was sobbing so hard that the grenade fell out of my hand.

"A-always." I whispered, and that seemed to be more than enough for Dark. I turned, facing the forest, and threw the grenade, landing it in the midst of the zombies. It took a few seconds but it exploded, leaving my ears ringing. Zombies collapsed and were stunned from the blast, allowing all the time the duo needed.

"Don't forget me!" I cried out, and at the last possible second Dark brushed his lips against my before darting off, Jack right next to him. I smiled at the sight. They did seem to be the faster of us four.

"(Y/n)." Mark's voice was soft and I spun around, grabbing his shoulders and staring into his eyes. The zombies were starting to wear off the stun now.

"I love you baby. So much." I whispered, my hands moving up to his face. He smiled.

"I never doubted it." He whispered, his own tears falling down his face. We both smiled and leaned towards each other.

"See you on the other side." We whispered at the same time, our breaths mingling. I closed my eyes, closing the gap between us.

The last thing I remembered was the feeling of satin pressed against my lips, and for a moment I was sure that nothing would ever disturb us, ever.