Chapter 7 ~ Why Me? ~

Hey guys, heres chapter 7 of hush :) hope you guys like it, haha I actually put some good time and effort into this chapter, so i think you guys will really like it <3  well, enjoy!

and be sure to VOTE COMMENT and or FAN! <3

Ashley:

Hotter than the sun, I felt myself boiling over. Tears slid down cheek, slowly, taking their time I presume as they pricked my bare skin at the awakening of reality. 

He knows.

With the sound of their voices chatting away, I could feel my heart hit rock bottom. I sunk deep into my seat, being sure to keep my head down.

“They’re right..”

I had barely spoken the words as it seemed they had been announced. The room had fallen silent the moment I spoke. Their hush whispers coming to an abrupt halt as they heard me speak for what must be to them the 6th time since I’ve been to this school.

I could feel everyone looking at me, but I dared not look up to their astonished faces. –to see the fact in their eyes ‘the mute can speak’.

Tyler looked over at me with a puzzled look, darting between the rankings of the school. Debating on weather staying here with a low life like me, or to change seats the second he could and sit with the populars….where he belonged.

The teacher had realized the tension and in desperate attempt she began clapping her hands and announcing that everyone should mind their own business.  In my mind I gave her a high five, for that once in my life she wasn’t going to put the pressure directly on me.

Eventually the students around the room began to face forward, though their looks of curiosity and gossip came more frequently after my encounter with Amber and her posse.

I took a deep breath, feeling the disgust dripping from the air into my own lungs.  I had suddenly realized as I exhaled my breath that Tyler had been staring at me profusely.  I turned my head slightly, catching him in the act and mouth ‘what?’ in an annoyed tone.

He stared at me for a moment then ripped out a sheet of paper from his binder. He scribbled something onto the dull paper and tossed it on my desk. I took one look at it and then at him. 

I didn’t even open it.

I didn’t have to.

I knew what he was after.  He was either one; going to pity me, or two; he was going to ask me about what I knew and swore to never speak of, (to which I knew he already knew)  until he got his answer and then would go straight to the popular crowd were he belonged and tell the whole school my secret. 

I clenched my fists, looking at him as he stared at me, eyes dark. After a moment I used my thumb and pointer finger and flicked the note across the room.  It fluttered in the unmoving wind of the fan and stumbled to the ground.

  My eyes were on Tyler as I had done so, but my head snapped back to face the front as I heard the teacher begin to talk louder.

Her heals clicked against the tile until she made her way to the note I had chucked. 

She sighed heavily as she spoke-  “ Ashley, is there some dire emergency?”

I stared at her, confused for a moment, before I shook my head.

“No?... Then why must you send notes to one another?”

Her stare was directed towards me, but I refused to take the blame for something I didn’t write.  I threw a glare beside me as he seemed to be vaguely watching.