An Irish Christmas

Zoe's POV

"Niall" I said. Niall smiled and relaxed while the others looked disappointed, "don't look like that, it wasn't exactly an easy decision on my part"

They sighed and nodded, still upset that I hadn't picked them.

"We can text and Skype over Christmas though. Plus you guys all have your own sisters you need to spend time with, Niall only has a brother"

"Who won't be there" Niall put in helpfully.

"You don't want Niall to be lonely do you?" I asked, looking at each of them.

"Well, I wouldn't mind if you came with me and Niall was lonely but...it's your decision" Liam said.

"Zo, we need to leave in five minutes, get your stuff and say goodbye yeah?" Niall said.

I nodded and grabbed my suitcase form the bunk area. I wheeled it out of the bus and placed it next to Niall's bag before heading back inside to say goodbye.

"See you later" I said, hugging Harry tightly around the waist, "at least I'm not going to be alone this time right?"

"Right" he chuckled and hugged me back.

I hugged Zayn and Louis goodbye before standing in front of a very upset looking Liam. He picked me up and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Don't be to upset, I just didn't want Niall to be lonely, you would have been my second choice but don't tell the others that" I whispered, knowing the other boys were all busy saying goodbye to Niall.

"I know, I just want to spend Christmas with you" he said sadly, kissing the side of my head, "look after Niall for me"

"I will, I promise" I said, kissing his cheek.

He placed me down on the floor and Niall and I waved a last goodbye before heading out the bus and towards the car that would take us to the airport. When we got to the huge American airport I walked down the long hallways with a gloomy look on my face, the thought of not spending Christmas with all my brothers made me feel sad. Niall noticed this and put his hand on the side of my head, bringing me next to him.

"I know you want to spend Christmas with all of us, but it's just not possible" he said sadly.

I sighed and nodded.

"Liam just seemed so upset" I stated.

"I know, he's probably the most attached to you out of all of us, however much I hate to admit it" Niall sighed, "That day when we thought you had punched Rhianna and we were ignoring you he was grumpy and upset for the whole concert. And when we got back to the bus he didn't go to bed for ages, he just stayed up, crying over the thought of you hating him. I tried to comfort him but all he needed was you, but of course you were ignoring us at that point. Not that I blame you, you had a perfectly good reason" he said.

"Really, he cried because he thought I hated him?" I asked, shocked that someone like Liam would cry over that.

"Yep" Niall said sadly, patting me on the back, "but don't worry about it, it was far from your fault"

I nodded again and together we walked though the gates and onto the plane. Niall let me have the window seat and I watched as we took off and all of the streets and houses turned into tiny dots below. Within ten minutes Niall had fallen asleep and I was left with nobody to talk to. I decided the best option would be to sleep as well so I curled up as best as I could on the seat and closed my eyes, hoping it wouldn't be to difficult to fall asleep.

It was dark outside the plane window when I woke up and I realised my head was on Niall's lap. His arm was over the top of me which he must have done subconsciously because he was still fast asleep. His eyes opened slowly when and announcement came from the pilot hat we had half and hour until we landed.