chapter 4

Bella's pov

I stood still not moving an inch. my voice cried help but I couldn't seem to raise it loud enough for the others to hear. I felt a hand grab my shoulder and shake. my mind switched back on and I turned around quickly. Anna stood behind me rubbing her dark green eyes. She looked at me with confusion."Whats wrong?"

I looked at her then grabbed her aand yelled at her to call the police and tell them then there's been a murder. She stared at me with hers eyes staring constant into mine. I shook her and yelled now. Anna ran toward the house phone on the table near the small chair. I heard her beeping of the numbers when her small hands pressed the buttons. When I was sure she got ahold of them I ran toward the garage. I passed the blood trying not to look at it or else I might just puke.

I slowed down then walked into the garage holding my breath and covering part of my eyes. I looked over and saw Shane leaning over Paul talking to him. I pushed my self toward them and leaned down. Paul was uunconscious and the face on Shane said he wouldn't last too much longer. I hit Shane in the arm and he flashed back to reality. he looked at me concerned. He grabbed me and pulled me closer. My breath dissapeared and my thoughts cleared. Did he do it? I thought to myself.

I let him hold me even though he might have killed her. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions. I need him. I need Shane. I cant get through this without him. What if he did do it, and comes for me next. I raised my head to where it touched his and looked into his eyes. Tears filled them, but if he wasn't sad for her, jut sad because he killed her. I jumped up pushing him to the side of me.

"What happened?" I asked worrying about what he might answer with.

"I don't know. I was jogging and came back because I was tired. And when I entered the house there was blood. I followed it. When I came in the garage I saw the blood and I freaked out. After that everything seemed unclear." Shane said looking me on the eyes. " I heard you screaming Lucy, how did you know it was her?"

I was caught by surprise and froze up. How dare he ask me that like I killed my best friend. She meant everything to me. She means everything to me. "How dare you! I would never hurt her.I knew it was her because she wasn't in the room when I got up to get a drink" I screamed at him furious with what he just asked.

"Im sorry babe! I'm just scared and confused. I know you didn't do anything. Come here."

I looked down and as I was raising my head back up k saw blood on his shirt. "No!"

"What? I didn't do this!" He said walking towards me.

I freaked out and ran toward the door. I was looking back and when I turned around I head budded Anna. My legs became weak and I fell down to the cement floor. "Ahh!" I screamed as a sharp pain flowed through my right arm. The pain was excruciating! My arm was under my body and I could feel the bone sticking out. Anna laid on the floor not moving. I tried to move, to run, to escape from Shane. I was to weak. I could feel the tears surface but I pushed them away and tried again to push myself up. it didn't work.

Blood was covering me. I was laying on my best friends blood. Everything is terrible. Why do we have to live a life win murder and death. I hate when I'm incapable of helping. I should have been here, I should have known he was a murder. Now its to late and Lucy is dead, or worse. What could be worse than death. I tried rolling over but I could feel the bone ripping my skin. "Ahhh!"

Shane was leaning over me reaching out his hand. I couldn't say anything or di anything. I was scared for my life! He reached down and pulled me up. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder hoping that I really could trust him. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions. I heard foot steps. Lots of them coming our way. Anna and Paul still laid unconscious on the floor. They also laid in the blood. When Shane and I reached the garage door the others came upon us. Mario, Candice, and Mady ran towards us. Candice leaned up against the wall covering her mouth.