The Bus

Duncan's P.O.V.

"Bye Mom." I waved to my mother as I walked into the bus. In the back of the bus was Gwen looking out of the window. How did she get on before me, and how did I not see her? I walked over to her and sat down.

"Sup Pasty." She looked at me in a funny way.

"Pasty? Really?" Gwen asked making her dark chocolate eyes pop.

"Just complimenting your cool pale skin Gwen." I laughed. She playfully punched my arm. Oww. Did she actually just hurt my arm? I rubbed where she hit me.

"Aww did I hurt little Duncan the softie?" Gwen laughed.

"Don't call me a softie." I said starting to get a bit mad.

"S-sorry....." Ugh great. Now I made her feel like crap.

"Hey, don't feel bad, you just don't wanna call me a softie or things will happen that aren't gonna please you." I smirked. She laughed at this.

"Look at those two." Gwen pointed towards Heather and a tan boy arguing.

"The guy is Alejandro, and if you really want to get on his nerves, call him Al, it will drive him crazy!"

"I'll be sure I do." I smirked. Did she just... No...... did she blush? Why would she blush? Does she..... Like me...?

Gwen's P.O.V.

I think Duncan saw me blushing because his eyes got wide and started studying my face. Crap crap crap crap crap.

I decided I was just going to ignore it and sketch. I pull out my sketch pad and outline a tree with a girl on one of the branches crying. I don't know exactly why I'm drawing this, but my hand just moved on its own with the pencil. Once this was done, the school was in view. When the bus stopped, I looked over at Duncan and he still had that shocked look on his face. I think he was trying to mumble something, but I couldn't figure out what. My school apparently has a cool principal since Taylor Swift was playing when we stepped off. I noticed the song almost instantly, and I had to sing along with it.

Say you're sorry
That face of an angel
Comes out just when you need it to
As I paced back and forth all this time
Cause I honestly believed in you
Holding on
The days drag on
Stupid girl,
I should have known, I should have known

I couldn't help but spin around as we were walking through the halls. I caught I glimpse of Duncan and I'm pretty sure he was wide eyed and smiling watching me and walking close behind.

I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale,
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down,
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

I stopped spinning but kept walking and singing as Duncan walked next to me smiling like a little girl with a new doll I swear.

Baby I was naive,
Got lost in your eyes
And never really had a chance
My mistake, I didn't know to be in love
You had to fight to have the upper hand
I had so many dreams
About you and me
Happy endings
Now I know

I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale,
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down,
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

Duncan started looking at me with his electric blue heart melting eyes. I get lost in them while still singing.

And there you are on your knees,
Begging for forgiveness, begging for me
Just like I always wanted but I'm so sorry

Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale,
I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well
This is a big world, that was a small town
There in my rear view mirror disappearing now
And it's too late for you and your white horse
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to catch me now

Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa
Try and catch me now
Oh, it's too late
To catch me now

"W-wow..." Is all I hear as there's a pause after the song ended. I smile at the stunned Duncan.

"That song is about 7 years old, how in the world do you still remember all of the  lyrics?!" Duncan said captivated by me remembering all of the lyrics.

"Please, I'll take country over pop Taylor Swift any day." I say with my head held high waiting for the next song to play.

"I bet you the lunch ice cream that you won't remember all of the words to the next song." Duncan dared with a devious smirk on his face.
"Deal." I said full of confidence. Little does he know that I have just about every single song there is on my iPod. Sure enough for me, the next song is Eyes Wide Open.
"By the way, I know all of the lyrics, I've just tweaked some of them. So if you know this song and think I got it wrong, then you can just stuff it." I said with a smile.

La di da da da na
Yeah

Everybody loves to tell me I was born an old soul
Better keep my eyes wide open
There's so much that I don't know
Just another crappy bedroom
Never felt so all alone
I think about my dad's eyes,
And they always send me home
I can almost hear him now
Gotta make him proud

Duncan is probably looking at me in a strange way because I squint my eyes shut as a tear rolls down my face.

I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open

By now Duncan's eyes are full of confusion because of my deep connection with this song.

I can't see two steps ahead of me,
When the fog comes rollin' in
I never thought I'd miss the rain
Lord knows how long it's been
This dream burns inside of me,
And I can't just let it go
There's still so much that I don't know

I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open

All I have is just this moment
I don't want to miss a second
'Cause it could all be gone in an instant
Yeah, in an instant...

I grasp my locket that I pull out from under my shirt. Another tear rolls down my face.

I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open

I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
My eyes wide open

Keep my eyes...wide...open

By now I'm on the verge of bursting out into tears thinking of my dad. Duncan walked in front of me and stopped me with putting his hands on my shoulders. I look up at him and stare in to his bright blue eyes. His eyes basically are calling me to hug him, so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

Duncan's P.O.V.

I sat there for a second, stunned, with Gwen in my arms. I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist. She tightens her grip on me. I smiled and rubbed on her back.

"Keep on walking lovebirds." Heather says as she chuckles with her minions.

"I'll be right back, I have to do something to little miss know it all....." Gwen whispered as she walked off. I kind of just stood there with a smile on my face as I started to slowly walk towards the class room. This is going to be a long day. I thought as I sat down at the table farthest from the door.