Chapter Four: Q & A

Chapter Four: Q & A

"What?" 

"You heard me. You're the Teristatian Heir." Zynn replied, throwing a tied-up Jethro to the ground roughly. 

"Hey! That hurt you-" A piece of duct tape promptly covered Jethro's mouth before any bad words could escape. 

"That'll do it." Zynn said, picking up of some of Jethro's guns, looking them over, and pocketing them.

"What do you mean I'm the Teristatian Heir? What even is that?" I exclaimed, hearing my voice jump an octave on the last sentence.

"I really shouldn't have started with that. Okay, let's start here. You're not human. Process that before we move on to the next question." Zynnister said easily, moving over to a pile of knives I had taken from Jethro.

I let that sink for a second. "Wait! If I'm not human, then what-"

"You're a werecat. And before you ask, a werecat is in no way similar to a werewolf other than being able to shift. A werecat has more power, energy, and fighting spirit. One werecat can take down about 15 packs of werewolves. But that's not even factoring in our particular situation."

"What's our 'particular situation'?" I asked, still processing the last few lines. 

"We're Teristatian. That alone is an anomaly." Zynn said, picking up a knife, testing its weight in his hand, and throwing it at the ground next to Jethro's head. Jethro flinched, letting out a muffled shriek. Zynn snickered, pulled the knife out of the ground and stuck it in his pocket. 

"What's a Teristatian? Is that like, a pack or species of werecat?" I asked, trying to wrap my head around the new information.

"A Teristatian is from Teristatia, which is a country. Or a planet. Whichever terminology you prefer." Zynn moved back to the gun pile, pawing through the remaining weapons for anything he may have missed. "Though prince-boy is certainly annoying, he does come with an excellent selection of guns."

I ignored his last statement as I paced back and forth in the clearing. Planet? Country? There was no such thing as Teristatia! Planet? Did he mean...?

"Are you an alien?" I asked.

Zynn picked up another gun, looked it over, and dropped it, finding it unsuitable to his tastes. "Yes. And so are you."

"I'm an alien?"

"You're Teristatian. You come from a different planet. Though you may not have been raised there, that doesn't change the fact that you're not human."

I contemplated for a second. "What did you mean, that we're an anomaly? And what's our particular situation? Oh! And what did you mean with the whole 'soulmate' thing before?"

He winced, setting down the gun and plopping down on the ground. Zynn patted the space next to him, and I guessed that I had finally asked the questions that couldn't be answered with an offhand remark or a distracted statement.

"To answer your first question, the reason we're an anomaly is because Teristatians are technically extinct. We aren't supposed to exist." Zynn said, heaving a sigh.

"Not supposed to exsist?" I asked, stunned.

"That's a story for another time, Scarlette. Let's concentrate on some of your other questions."

"What kind of situation are we in?"

"Well, I'll try to explain this as simply as I can. Basically, Contravessel, which is a huge country that happens to hate Teristatians and have successfully wiped our race off the face of the universe, heard that Teristatian Heir is back. Which she is. Because you are the Teristatian Heir. Because of that, they will try to kill you. And me, for that matter. But because we are the last two of our race, we're incredibly powerful." Zynn explained slowly, hoping I was catching on. Which I was. Kind of.

"And the soulmate thing? What were you talking about then?" I asked, furrowing my brow at the possible meaning behind those words.

Zynnister's face flushed. "Since we're the last of the Teristatian race, it's kind of expected for us to, um, repopulate the best we can." I felt my face go red at the word 'repopulate'.

"I mean, it's our choice whether or not we actually want to be together, but I wouldn't object to it. Evolution is hard to fight, but I totally and completely understand if you-"

I covered his mouth with my hand before he said something stupid. "Stop babbling, Zynn. I get it."

His eyes looked worried and unsure. "What exactly did you get out of that rant?"  He asked as soon as I uncovered his mouth.

"I got that because we're the last of our kind, we have to be together to repopulate Teristatia, and that you wouldn't mind being with me but you would understand if I didn't chose you." I said carefully, hoping that I didn'y mishear any of his rambled explanations.

Zynn's eyes were still anxious. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your view on this situation? I know you barely know me and all, but it would really help the nerves if I know what exactly I have to fret about."

Personally, I was surprised I was taking this all so... calmly. A part of me was still in shock about the whole thing, so I guess it hasn't quite hit me yet. I'll probably have a panic attack about it later, but right now I had a very important question to answer. Am I going to accept the situation and chose a brand-new life as a werecat and be with Zynnister, or was I going to pretend to be a normal human for the rest of my life? 

Looking into Zynn's glorious jade-green eyes, I couldn't fight the fact that there was a pull. Not a pull, more like a shove. Something forced me toward Zynn. Could I give up his adorable British accent and beautiful eyes?

"Zynn, I don't think I could stay away from you if I tried. And I'm guessing this whole werecat thing and you are a package deal."

************************************************************************************************************************

Okay, people. If you have any remaining questions, feel free to ask.

And to those of you that have read the story before the edit, this is where the story really starts to change. 

Hope you enjoy the new story!

--Eliz♥♥