Chapter 1

Heal Me (?) - Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry this took so long for me to update! I hope you enjoy this chapter and want to read more. And just so you know major character development has happened to Harou.

~*~*~

Words are tricky. When you're talking to someone, you don't want to have the wrong message come and smack your speaking companion in the face. Fortunately (or unfortunately) there are times when your words can't have any double meanings.

~*~*~

"Why the fuck is it so pink?" I couldn't keep the words from tumbling out of my mouth. Haruhi and I stood in Ouran academy's front courtyard with disbelief plastered on both of our faces. The vibrant pink school seemed to sparkle proudly, as students sat on stone benches and conversed animatedly.

"How should I know?" Haruhi brushed off the odd color and instead focused on our class schedules that we received in the mail. "Anyways, we're both in class 1-A for most of the day. The only exception is our electives where you have general music and full orchestra and I have study hall and criminal law." Haruhi turned her head to look at me. Her poorly cut hair was defying the laws of physics as strands stood tall on top on her head. "Do you think you'll be okay by yourself? You took your meds and everything right?"

"Yeah..." I nodded my head in a jerky motion. We were approaching Ouran's main doors and I could feel tension growing in my gut. Taking a deep breath I tried to calm my racing heart and focus on my younger sister. I think Haruhi saw my anxiety as she offered me her hand. Nodding in thanks I took her hand in mine and felt a gentle squeeze. Smiling nervously I returned the gesture and peered down at the papers in Haruhi's hand. "So we have our electives last, right?" Haruhi nodded in confirmation. "Then we should plan a meeting place for when we're ready to go home."

"Good idea. We'll be opposite wings when school's over. So where would you like to meet?"

"You wanted to study after school though right? Well I mean, at least go over the homework we're given."

"Yeah. Would the library be a good place to meet?"

"The school map said that there were like, four libraries..."

"Our main classroom?" Haruhi suggested.

I grunted in disapproval. "I know we both didn't sign up for P.E. but I rather not have to do a marathon everyday at school."

Haruhi rolled her eyes but had a small smile on her face. "Now you're just being lazy."

"You try doing lots of exercise with this death trap on." I grumbled pointing at my torso. "You wouldn't want to do anything either."

"Then don't wear it." Haruhi spoke without really thinking of my situation.

"There is no way I'd go out in public without this thing on." I could barely hold back a repulsed sneer. "I can hardly stand not wearing it at home. And back to the topic at hand - figuring out a meeting spot. I mean we could go to library one through four and stick around at the less crowded one. Though it's not my ideal situation."

"I think it's the best we can do for now." Haruhi gave me a tired smile. "Once we see how the libraries are we can go from there. I'm sure there are some teachers who wouldn't mind if we stayed after school to study if we have no other option."

"Right. So where is our class again?" While Haruhi and I were talking we had entered the school and I couldn't believe that even the inside seemed to glitter like it's exterior. It could have something to do with the multiple chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and the expensive vases that stood on tall podiums, but I'm going to ignore that for now.