5.

I found myself back at rock bottom. I haven't left my room for three days now. I stopped eating because I completely lost my appetite. I couldn't even bring myself to leave the bed. Not to shower, pee, or eat. I just wanted to lay in bed until I eventually die.

Not once did my mom attempt to check on me and see if I was okay. I could've been dead for all she knows. She just comes and goes, but when she's here, she just locks herself in her room. I was hurt. How dare she abandon me during my time of need. However, underneath that hurt was anger. I felt it deep inside of me was boiling with rage.

School? That was another joke. I refused to get out of bed and attend. It didn't help that my mom didn't seem to give a fuck whether or not I was going either. Besides, I'm pretty sure they done kicked my ass out for truancy by now. I'm at a point where I don't know if I'll ever go back.

I touched the bags under my eyes, sighing. I can't even remember the last time I slept. I was too afraid to fall asleep and wake up to Brian. I cringed at the thought of him.

I heard the front door open and close. Probably my mom back from another trip to the liquor store. I continued to stare at the ceiling in the dark. A knock on my door startled me causing me to sit up. No one has knocked on my door in days, so I didn't have a clue as to who it was.

I didn't move an inch. I stayed quiet or made no moves to open the door. Maybe I was just hearing shit. But when the doorknob began slowly twisting and turning, I knew I wasn't crazy. Please don't be Brian. My palms started getting sweaty at the thought.

"Laurel, don't play with me. Open up the damn door," the familiar voice said. My body relaxed as I realized it was Tyler. Who I haven't spoken to for a couple of days. I know his ass was probably blowing my phone up, but that shit was broke.

Even if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have answered regardless. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to be left alone.

I got off the bed and went to unlock the door. Tyler stood there looking like somebody's momma with one hand on his hip and impatiently tapping his foot. I should've known he was going to pop up sooner or later. Thank God my swollen cheek had gone down and all of the bruises healed. "Awww pooh," Tyler pouted as he pulled me into a hug. I tensed up for a slight second and he must've realized because he let me go.

"You okay?" He looked at me with concern. Patting my rough hair, I stepped to the side to allow him in. "How did you get in?" I asked as I went back to bed.

Walking over to my window Tyler lifted the blinds making my dark room bright again. "I used the hidden spare key." He answered. I squinted from the brightness and quickly threw my blanket over my head. Snatching the blanket off of me, Tyler joined me on the bed before smiling evilly at me.

"Someone is missing you at school." He said which stopped me from cursing his ass out. Furrowing my eyebrows I thought of who it could be.

There's no one I talk to at school besides him. I thought it over again and still came up empty. Finally looking his way, I looked left and right letting him know I didn't know the answer. Sucking his teeth, he finally gave in. "Trigga bitch!"

Hearing the name made me shocked and confused. I had completely forgotten about him since that day. "Mhmm he asked about you too," Tyler smirked.

Thinking back to our last encounter, my eyes grew wide as I remembered our project. "Oh my God, Tyler I forgot about our project!" I covered my mouth with my hand in shock.

"Yup he came up to me in class and I was shocked he even started coming to class too. He approached me smelling good as fuck. You can tell it's that expensive cologne too, not that cheap shit. I almost dropped down to my knees before he could start talking bitch." Tyler fanned himself. Extra ass.